The MT-07 Forum

Costco FZ-07 Pricing

slyyder

Has anybody looked at the Costco auto program for buying a FZ-07? I know they typically give the best price, but the closest dealership to me that participates in the Costco program is in Enumclaw WA, which is about 60 miles away. They wont tell you the price over phone, you HAVE to come in... It's not a trip I really want to make if I don't know what the savings is going to be.
If anybody knows what the Costco price is, will they please post it here? Or if somebody actually lives close to a dealership that participates in the Costco program, would you mind stopping by and finding out?
Thanks!
Matt

• Global Moderator

Hey, another Washingtonian. I am up in Bellingham.

Sorry, I cannot answer your question. I just wanted to say hi.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

The dealer I used for a quote with costco pricing listed it as $200 off msrp. They added a ton of fees though so not sure aside from that.

here: OojZyuz.png

Keep the rubber side down and the shiny side up.

I got a quote from a Costco dealer and it was not good at all. Here is the break down.

$6990 base
$250 freight and prep
$200 doc fees ?
6% MD sales tax
$244 tags and title

No chance! Seems like a lot of bs fees to me and that price is set so I don't think you can negotiate.

Guest unknown
...Enumclaw WA... Matt
Must be a horse of a deal... 
Sorry, I always get skeeved out by that town :D

howlinhoss

If you are in MD, check out Romney WV, they have one for 6500 and they might negotiate a little. I picked mine up fior that price in Leesburg, VA btw. Deals can be had if you just shop around

I have been working with Brad at Romney Cycles, Romney, WV., 866-766-1495.  I live in Montgomery County Maryland.  They will deliver to my house but I decided to take a nice drive with a friend and pick up my Graphite this Saturday.
They are selling the FZ-07 to me for:[span]

I am not trading in anything so I needed new tags, title, etc., therefore there was no discount/avoiding the Maryland fees listed.
A different Yamaha dealer in VA (much closer to home) wanted over $8,500 for a red FZ-07 they had in stock even after I told them about Romney's price. After that experience I knew that Romney was giving me a great deal.
Brad has answered any and all questions that I have had and I can't wait for the weekend!

[/span]

• Premium Member
I got a quote from a Costco dealer and it was not good at all. Here is the break down. 
$6990 base
$250 freight and prep
$200 doc fees ?
6% MD sales tax
$244 tags and title

No chance! Seems like a lot of bs fees to me and that price is set so I don't think you can negotiate.
Do what I have been doing, tell them you already have some quotes and throw a number at them, they want to move units.

Keep the rubber side down and the shiny side up.

The problem is that it is riding season and the dealers know that this bike is selling like hotcakes. And that it is hard to find in stock. So, they jack the price up knowing that someone will come along and buy it.

they are charging more than my FZ-09 cost in many cases. Crazy!

• 2 weeks later...
MarylandFZ07

bought mine for around 6600 plus tax tags and title fees. i think it was like 7200 OTD if I remember correctly.

Hey MarylandFZ07 i live in Maryland too and i put my 1500$ down-payment on my FZ07 until it gets here in a month at Glen Bernie Motorsports, they seem really family like and friendly. Where did you get yours?

"Shoot? I'm a hippie. The only thing I've shot is acid. I heard of a dude snorted it once. Thought his nose was a kangaroo and the moon was a dog! WOOH!" - The Truth (GTA San Andreas)

• Global Moderator

My dealer only wanted a $50 refundable deposit. That really surprised me. I expected them to want a lot more. I guess they figure it will be easy to sell if I change my mind (like I will change my mind :)) )

Russian Rider

Seems like the whole costco thing is a rip off. They give you a discount on msrp but then add on a bunch of fees so it costs the same anyways or even more. Just got mi e for $6890 plus tax and licencing no setup fees or any of that trash. Total was $7563 from Experience Powersports in Moses lake WA, I did have to drive 110 miles each way to pick it up as all the Spokane dealers are out and dont know when new ones will be in.

I am right in the ballpark at $7250 OTD. Friggin dealer was trying to get $1500 for setup. I just laughed and told him to deliver it to me in the crate. I had to walk out the door to get my price.

• 1 month later...

Here in Utah...I did the Costco buying program on my bike. I had talked to 3 dealers that had 07s off and on and most were selling them right at MSRP. Costco only partnered with one dealer in my area (and unfortunately not the most friendly). I did the initial inquiry on costco.com their "costco" price was $6818. Of course the initial sales guy tells you one thing on his "best OTD price" and then when you go in to sales manager/finance guy's office and they try to slip all kinds of crap by you. I ended up with OTD incl state sales tax/title/lic at $7590. They claimed I was the first one to use the Costco pricing and mine was the cheapest 07 they had sold (who knows). The sales manager was a real @#$% and played the usual song and dance on his "required" fees. Don't fall for it! I didn't want to buy from them as the other dealer I was dealing with was a MUCH nicer guy. I let him have first crack at my sale but he said he couldn't get to that price...his best was just over 8k. They also tried to slip past the wrong financing on me and acted like the one I had been told about didn't exist (3.49% for 72 month through Synchrony Bank). Glad I was thorough before I started signing papers he was shoving me real fast since he almost had me on the hook for 5.99 for 36 month. Take your time doing your deals everyone and/or bring someone with you to help you not get screwed. I feel like I got an decent deal for the time of year I bought mine and with a high local demand.

Happy with my $85/month payment (I put down 2k)

Dang anything in the 7k range is a godsend in so cal. At my local dealership the sales rep wouldn't budge any lower than $8599 OTD, he gave me his take on the fz-07 selling out as soon as they get them in stock.

• 3 months later...
  • Premium Member

I have an email from Romney WV. 6500 plus doc fee.
I can have it shipped to Florida and still cheaper than the prices I ve been hetting localy.
The Costco pricing is worthless, they cant even explain what discount I m getting.

I have been working with Brad at Romney Cycles, Romney, WV., 866-766-1495.  I live in Montgomery County Maryland.  They will deliver to my house but I decided to take a nice drive with a friend and pick up my Graphite this Saturday. They are selling the FZ-07 to me for:[span]

I am not trading in anything so I needed new tags, title, etc., therefore there was no discount/avoiding the Maryland fees listed.
A different Yamaha dealer in VA (much closer to home) wanted over $8,500 for a red FZ-07 they had in stock even after I told them about Romney's price. After that experience I knew that Romney was giving me a great deal.
Brad has answered any and all questions that I have had and I can't wait for the weekend!

[/span]
You live in Va?

Careful, you still gotta pay that tax and the fees, bud. I priced Romney, too. They were my second best price. If you add in the taxes and fees, its $425 more. You're still getting a better deal at Romney than the 8k plus stealership price, but they will get you at DMV. Be ready.

O judgment! Thou art fled to brutish beasts,
And men have lost their reason. Bear with me.
My heart is in the coffin there with Caesar,
And I must pause...till it come back to me.

Sorry, bky, I see you are in Maryland. I'm not sure how it works there. You could be okay after all. Mia Culpa.

O judgment! Thou art fled to brutish beasts,
And men have lost their reason. Bear with me.
My heart is in the coffin there with Caesar,
And I must pause...till it come back to me.

• 1 month later...

Archived