The MT-07 Forum

Help with Slip on exhaust

Slydog

So I know this is a huge topic but my needs are a little different. I was searching for slip-on exhausts for my 2017 fz07, and i read and researched the m4 of course. Alot of people say its very very loud or to quite with the baffle in. I kind of wanted a exhaust that is not too obnoxious and still sounded mean. I like the sound of the yoshimura, but i don't think they make a slip on or if they do i cant seem to find it anywhere. So far, i've only really saw arrow or m4 as the ones to get. Am i missing any? 

I don't want to go with a full exhaust mainly because its alot more money and I'm mainly doing it for aesthetics and sound. Also, i think with a tune it will be perfect for me and wont break the budget.

Is there any good quality slip on besides arrow and m4 that i should consider. So far i'm leaning on the m4 and just going to mess with the baffling but i do like loud just not ears bleeding loud

It should first be noted... are you aware that the m4 slip-on (or any slip-on for this bike for that matter) requires more work to install than a full system?

This bike has no traditional slip-on.  You need to cut the OEM exhaust pipe yourself because it is one piece (minus the heat shield). 

Engaging with people that have personality disorders on a message board is like arguing with a rock.

14 hours ago, duenan said:

It should first be noted... are you aware that the m4 slip-on (or any slip-on for this bike for that matter) requires more work to install than a full system?

This bike has no traditional slip-on.  You need to cut the OEM exhaust pipe yourself because it is one piece (minus the heat shield). 

Yeah i Know, but it shouldn't be too bad i think some people even do it with a hacksaw and file it down. But its 1k for the exhaust i really want which is the akro, and then id have to buy the flash tune kit for it which is 375 or so. id rather spend 405$ on the slip on, cut the stock pipe and then buy the flashtune kit for 375. I'll have spent so much less and ill get exactly what i want. I just want a slip on that sounds kind of similiar to the yoshi and not something that will cause to much attention or annoy my wife. Because i already do the second part pretty well

• Premium Member

Akra Ti exhaust runs decent w/o a tune, but with a tune it's provides the most gains on an exhaustf...it's best to keep the ole stock exhaust in the back of the garage so you can put it back on if you ever sell  the fz-07... get the Akra Ti exhaust you want, save up for a PCV...then you can at least sell the Akra Ti and PCV for some $ back in the future if you ever sell the fz-07

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

• Premium Member

or for roughly the same price as the Akra Ti you can Hordpower the ole FZ-07 with a Yoshi exhaust, PCV and the Hordpower airbox 😈😈😈... you want power, want some v8 rumble at idle, even the sound alone makes ppl do a triple take...

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, norcal616 said:

or for roughly the same price as the Akra Ti you can Hordpower the ole FZ-07 with a Yoshi exhaust, PCV and the Hordpower airbox 😈😈😈... you want power, want some v8 rumble at idle, even the sound alone makes ppl do a triple take...

I just got my Hordpower airbox installed last Saturday, and loaded the Hord map on my PCV (I already had the Akrapovic Ti). I live in Minnesota, so there is no real danger on me riding the bike for a couple months. I couldn't help myself, I just HAD to start it up!!!! All I can say is that the Hordpower airbox DEFINATELY puts the FZ-07 in "Beast Mode"!!!! It changes the sound of the bike significantly.... You can actually hear the throttle-bodies stucking in air. 😎-

""W.O.T. until you see god, then brake"

M4 is not quiet at all with the baffle in it just lowers the ear peircing loudness into something you can manage lol. def still sounds mean. I frequently ride mine baffle in and baffle out if I ride highway a lot. (Switch my power commander maps). You can sorta feel the restriction at highway speeds wth the baffle in. I have had my m4 for 10k miles now and it has held up flawlessly it looks like the day I bought it still. It’s a great exhaust for what it cost but not much performance gains.

Archived