The MT-07 Forum

Which upgrade makes the most difference?

Cruizin

So, if you could pick one upgrade to do this winter, which one wold make the most difference for any motorcycle?

My vote, Suspension. People who get their first suspension upgrade done are often shocked at the difference that it makes on their bikes general feel, handling and the fact that it feels like a whole new bike.

Other upgrades are great too, so I want your opinions.

Winter is when I tear my bike down, grease all the important bearings and do upgrades. To me, the most enjoyable time on a motorcycle is when I take off on twisty roads and push myself and my bike so I'm taking my forks off and sending them to Traxxion for upgrade that will make me faster and more stable

What is your top upgrade and are you doing it this winter?

I agree, suspension would most likely be the best mod to improve handling/performance.

I don't tear the bike apart during winter though. Winter usually consists of me riding in 70 degree temps ;)

I don't disagree that the suspension will possibly be the biggest change, but for my money (and next on my list) the exhaust is next up. I'm not basing this solely on performance mind you.

Life is good on 2 wheels!

• Premium Member

Since "the pilot" isn't an upgradeable option in the poll, I'll go with suspension.

Hopefully I can get at least two more months of riding in before the threat of ice, salt and unfavorable conditions becomes too great.

Everything went braap.

HAHAHAHA is that fucking real?
I am dying over here OMG too funny
HAHAHAHAHA

The Tires on our Bike are actually pretty darn good, at least the michelins that came on mine are.
On other bikes, especially if they come with Battletrax, I get new ones immediately

I voted for suspension. The engine performance is there for me, only thing exhaust does for me is make it louder. The suspension is bouncy and I have noticed I can find the limits quicker. Where I go from here I have no idea. I need more study time.

• Premium Member
HAHAHAHA is that fucking real? I am dying over here OMG too funny
HAHAHAHAHA

The Tires on our Bike are actually pretty darn good, at least the michelins that came on mine are.
On other bikes, especially if they come with Battletrax, I get new ones immediately
The Michelins are supposed to be better for cooler/wet climates.  For extreme hot weather like I have here in Las Vegas, the Bridgestones are actually regarded as the better tire. 
As far as the poll, I agree with hobbs, the best upgrade you can do for any motorcycle is upgrade the driver.  So my answer, while not in the poll, would be Keith Code's California Superbike School.  I plan to take their two day weekend course before the year is up.

:)

- Paulie

I vote for exhaust, I agree suspension has the biggest performance gains but with exhaust you get a much better looking bike and better sounding. 2 big things for me. Not to mention I'm about 150 lbs and I feel like most bikes suspension are setup stock for around a 150-170 lb rider. If your 200+ upgrading the suspension would be on the top of the list

• Premium Member
crazycracka501

As far as I learned, the fueling is pretty much required tuning for most full exhaust systems, so I figure I'll get a better running & sounding bike in one foul swoop. I am in the same boat with planetwister as far as weight at 150ish so suspension is third on my list. But first things first folks, I got the tidy tail and LED's front and rear. Stock stuff was kind of an eye soar for me, can't have my baby looking like a cheap date while I'm flexing on the HD pirate bikers. P-)

Make it stop!....Now make it go faster!

The Michelins are supposed to be better for cooler/wet climates.  For extreme hot weather like I have here in Las Vegas, the Bridgestones are actually regarded as the better tire.
Thanks for that bit of info Paulie!  I had always wondered why two sets were offered and how it was determined which one you got.  That makes so much sense.  I'm in hot Memphis and got the Bridgestones as well.  I was feeling like I got the inferior tire, but knowing what you just mentioned makes me feel a lot better about it.  

Life is good on 2 wheels!

• Global Moderator

I got Bridgestone's on mine (north of Seattle). The next one at the dealership had Michelins, so the destination of the bike is not a factor in which tires it has.

I love the bridgestones.. They warm up
Well and seem to last forever. 2500 miles on them and doesn't look like they've warn a bit. Shooting for 7000 miles on the rear.. But we will see..

• Premium Member
crazycracka501
I love the bridgestones.. They warm up Well and seem to last forever. 2500 miles on them and doesn't look like they've warn a bit. Shooting for 7000 miles on the rear.. But we will see..
I have the Michelins on my bike and am curious as to how the Bridgestones do with mileage.  Please keep me informed on how they do when mileage gets up there.

Make it stop!....Now make it go faster!

I have 4300 miles on my Bridgestones on the Fz-09, and the back tire is about to go.

They last longer the more air you keep in em, but you feel the bumps alot worse and you lose some grip, but really not that much as these are good tires.

But I'm getting some Pirelli Angel GT's.

As far as I learned, the fueling is pretty much required tuning for most full exhaust systems, so I figure I'll get a better running & sounding bike in one foul swoop. I am in the same boat with planetwister as far as weight at 150ish so suspension is third on my list. But first things first folks, I got the tidy tail and LED's front and rear. Stock stuff was kind of an eye soar for me, can't have my baby looking like a cheap date while I'm flexing on the HD pirate bikers. P-)
I'm really wanting to upgrade my flashers. I dislike how they bounce around all the time and look dorky. What LED's did you pick up? And if you have them on imma need a pic of it. :) I want the flashers here, I just need to figure out where to order them.[/url]

Yamaha FZ-07 '15
Honda Shadow VT750DC '06 - for sale
Kawasaki Ninja 250r '08 - for sale
Previous Bikes:
Kawasaki Eliminator 125 '06

I have 4300 miles on my Bridgestones on the Fz-09, and the back tire is about to go.  
They last longer the more air you keep in em, but you feel the bumps alot worse and you lose some grip, but really not that much as these are good tires.

But I'm getting some Pirelli Angel GT's.
I imagine a fz09 will go threw rears quicker than a 07, I'm pretty sure I'll be able to get at least 6000 on the rear. Not sure on the front? 10,000?

Well, just after typing that above I went for a spirited ride and then got home and noticed this

http://i1031.photobucket.com/albums/y371/sincitybronco/IMG_2257_zps585951a9.jpg

Time for a new rear tire! The Bridgestones grip really well but don't last very long. 4358 miles aint too bad though.

Archived