The MT-07 Forum

This is gold

faffi

Damn, I should lease/buy an entire warehouse just to store my one motorcycle.  Wonder if that guy has multiple warehouses, one for each bike.

Anyway, I guess I was born too late.  Went over my head.  I mean, sure I can assume they are making fun of an old kick start bike.  But I have no clue if they are making fun of the model itself, or kick starts in general?  But based on the title, they are specifically making fun of the model?  And even still, like I said, born too late, have no idea about the model.  So yeah, over my head.

Engaging with people that have personality disorders on a message board is like arguing with a rock.

Not making fun of the bike, just of frustrated owners not capable of starting their manually kicked motorcycle. If you haven't exhausted yourself over a bike not wanting to fire, yes, it probably goes over your head. But us older blokes and lasses will understand ;)

BTW, it was a made up thing, the bike being kicked over with the kill switch set to OFF - it's usually a one-kick starter.

You know, my girl was supposed to buy a SR400 but when she found out it was kick start, she turned around and walked away.  She's been eyeing a Triumph Bonneville now.  Sheesh, she should've went with the SR400.  Much cheaper.

Engaging with people that have personality disorders on a message board is like arguing with a rock.

not to mention, once you learn how, you'll never forget. Even better, ask her how she intends to start the bike if the starter won't fire or the batt is too dead.

Hint, teach her to bump start it.

bannerfans_1095431.jpg

Had two CB750's on the road at one point. One had a noisy starter sprag, so I just used the kicker all the time. I really miss having kickstart bikes. Lots of fun. Something about it just feels natural. Growing up kicking dirt bikes makes thumbing the e-start feel like I'm an old fart. 

Vut InZe Fukinz wuz thatinze biatch

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

I started cussing way earlier when this happened to me.  The dude has a calm demeanor.  And about the time I was going to give up it would always tease me with a "sputter, sputter, cough", making me try some more.  

And the thoughts going through your head:  Is it flooded?  Do I need more choke?  Should I let it sit for a couple of minutes?  Should I just keep kicking it?  Did I get water in my tank?  Etc etc etc...

Archived