The MT-07 Forum

Seat too hard

mtalbo

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, shinyribs said:

E

lol. Yes. 

I did see that, but that's also less than the specs for a stock bike, which is 31.7" Their seat looks taller than stock when using their side-by-side comparison picture, so I didn't put much stock in that 31.5" spec. I should've been more clear. I trust your measurements over Corbin's. ;)

I agree with you that the Corbin looks much taller than the stock seat. but I think the dished area where your cheeks are is much lower than most of the rest of the seat...  I'm wondering how much difference in height the Corbin made seat pan makes as far as the overall height. I'm thinking the Corbin pan is much lower fitting than the stock plank. I'll get some pictures and measurements after I get it and post them up here.

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

3 hours ago, DewMan said:

FYI: There's a guy who just posted a "WTB Corbin" thread a few minutes ago. Not sure if you're looking to sell yours. Hopefully he's willing to spend more than $50 to get one. 😄

I'm taking delivery of a new Gunfighter for the FZ-07 tomorrow. Your success has me feeling better about spending this much on a seat. I'm hoping I'm as happy with mine as you seem to have been with yours. Looking forward to longer, more comfortable rides on my FZ. ✌️

P.S. My condolences on totaling your FZ-07. Hopefully you were not totaled as well.

If you are getting the saddle part as "leather" make sure you condition it before it rains.  I used Leather Honey Leather Conditioner and it was great!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003IS3HV0/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I was only bruised up a little.  Something to be said for riding gear.  Skin does not grow back and my riding pants sacrificed themselves and thus saving me a ton of pain.

I still miss my FZ-07 terribly.  I put on 19,000 miles in 18 months.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 year later...
FJRPittsburgh

I can't agree that the FZ-07 seat is too soft.  I went out and sat on the seat on the center stand.  I weigh 180 lbs.  While seated on the seat I grabbed both sides of the bike and pulled up.  I was no where near the seat pan.  I think the seat is too hard.  Just my take on it.

14 hours ago, FJRPittsburgh said:

I can't agree that the FZ-07 seat is too soft.  I went out and sat on the seat on the center stand.  I weigh 180 lbs.  While seated on the seat I grabbed both sides of the bike and pulled up.  I was no where near the seat pan.  I think the seat is too hard.  Just my take on it.

No offense but you're just testing it wrong. I can push down with my fingers and touch the pan in several places on the stock seat while not being able to hit the pan towards the center of the seat. You don't necessarily have to be able to feel the seat pan while sitting on the seat to know it's too soft. A too soft a seat can wreak havoc on a bum because it's not providing enough support. If your butt aches after being in the seat for a short time on this bike I guarantee you it's not because it's too hard. Try using your fingers in several areas. 

Beemer

FJRPittsburgh

Your butt takes up a whole lot of surface area.   Jamming your finger or thumb in isn't the same thing.  When sitting on the seat, I don't get all the way down to the pan.  Guaranteed.  I just got the Seat Concepts seat.  We'll see how that goes.  I have 4 bikes and plenty of experience with stock and after market seats of all kinds.  I'll report back with the differences.  Thanks!

Edited by FJRPittsburgh