The MT-07 Forum

Fz07 front turn signals/Led wiring help

Slydog

Hello,

So i just had a quick question in regards to installing front turn signals with resistors and also cyclops led headlight. I can post pictures after i explain my problem.

I installed everything, everything was pretty simple, i got the turn signals installed and i did the led at the same time, but my problem came when trying to put my headlight back on and tightening everything down. It simply just doesn't fit well. Here are the exact parts i have

Turn signals: https://www.motodynamic.com/flush-mount-led-front-turn-signals-2014-2016-yamaha-fz-07-fz-09.html

Led headlight: https://www.cyclopsadventuresports.com/3800-Lumen-H4-LED-Headlight-bulb-_p_83.html

I got it to close but i had to kind of tie down my resistors for the turn signals outside of the headlight housing and its between my headlight and forks. this is also where i had to tie down my Led plug (where the led plugs into the bike harness for the headlight, 3 prong connector . This picture is not my bike its just to make sure everyone knows what im talking about. this connector is out side of the housing. 

5a5d1ad2e634f_fz07headlight.thumb.jpg.0fb02e09a6a2f7d0ed5d6cefa774ea9d.jpg

So if this gets wet im sure things will end poorly for me. 

My question is, has anyone had a similar problem? If i were to only install the turn signals i would of been fine but with 2 turn signals and the led headlight i just cant fit all the wiring down inside that tight little spot. Does anyone have a suggestion as to where i could put these wires. the resistors are way too big and each turn signal has one. 

X001-Y001.jpg.f39e3722900e79fc35849df5b8c36dbc.jpg

Here is a pic of what the resistors look like that i pulled from google

How bad would it be if water was to get on these or my headlight plug.

Thanks in advance 

• Premium Member

I chose to replace my factory flasher unit with a universal one that is designed to work with LED turn signals. It is located under the opposite cover that you'd find your ECU on the shifter side of the bike. This way I wouldn't need to install a bunch of inline resistors. I only had to find room for the cyclops inline package that way.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009T3AF7W/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Good luck in resolving your issue.

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

I was going to say I folded all my excess wires when I did my Cyclops LED and stuffed them inside at the top of the light housing where there was some room but I don't know if there would be enough for those two resistors and the extra wiring. Sounds like DewMan has the best fix for you.

Beemer

@DewMan I did the install today on the relay. quick and easy. my fingers hurt a little from taking the left side plastics off because those tabs on the top are no joke haha. I was scared of breaking it. thanks again

For future reference, slide a credit card like plastic through the tabs on top to disengage them.

Archived