The MT-07 Forum

New 7 in VA

VAslim16

Hey guys I posted earlier but had to close and open a new account.  Bought my 2017 on the 22nd of December.  Love it so far (with maybe exception of a rattle noise when I get off the throttle sometimes...hope that will go away).  Looking forward to more riding when the weather gets nice again.  Got a good deal in Norfolk, VA and am pumped about learning from this forum.

FZ.jpeg

1 hour ago, RSTX said:

Welcome!  Love that blue color. Tell us more about the rattle.

Maybe it is just the chain..but when I am in 1st or second and get off the throttle I hear a rattle as the bike slows down...it is gone outside a certain RPM range and I only have 30 miles on the bike so some have suggested cam tensioner.  I just hope it goes away after I have more miles.  It is the ONLY thing I don't like.  And I agree, love the blue!  Thought I wanted silver but then I saw this in person and changed my mind.

• Premium Member

stock chain is noisy as a 7.3l diesel motor 😂... upgrading to aftermarket will almost or totally eliminate that noise...

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

• 5 months later...

First mod done boys. Rad guard. Question for forum too. Is this thing highway capable? I'm debating possibly getting a Versys 1000 for highway riding if the FZ07 lags there. Would appreciate any opinions. 

that depends very much on what you define as highway capable. I've criss-crossed the country on UJM (little or no fairing - eg. Buell Flyscreen) and up to 400 miles/day. Some people can only stand it if they are hiding behind a barn door. Others like a little push-back from the wind.

If you're going to be cruising at 80mph (get your Reckless driving charge, here!) then the FZ will be a little busy.

I much prefer twins to I4's which IMO tend to have some odd harmonics which can cause discomfort.

There's a brand-new '18 in Purple down the street from my house. I left a business card with this forum URL but he hasn't popped up here yet.

bannerfans_1095431.jpg

• Premium Member

Been riding the bike to work for the past couple of weeks 20 miles each way around 70 average with a short windscreen. Don't think its too bad for highway.  I would take back roads over the highway if i had a choice.  

• 2 weeks later...
Bigturbomax

Ive got the same color, nice choice! I think the bike does great on the highway, just took me 1000 miles to get used to the wind lol. Lower renthal bars made the freeway alot more comfortable for me also. 

Archived