The MT-07 Forum

Last Ride of the Season

bornagainbiker

• Premium Member
bornagainbiker

Hey All,

For those of you who have to store your bike over winter, when was your last ride of the season.  I generally try to hang on until the bitter end, and managed to get my last ride in on December 8th.  When was your last ride of the season?

Give Respect To Get Respect   https://jeff-galbraith.pixels.com/

• Premium Member

my season ended a tad early...mine was 1st week of oct. when I fractured my knee cap out riding the FZ-07... I generally stop riding when the roads are just starting frost overnight... good news I was back walking again in 2wks... 

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

• Premium Member
bornagainbiker
7 minutes ago, norcal616 said:

my season ended a tad early...mine was 1st week of oct. when I fractured my knee cap out riding the FZ-07... I generally stop riding when the roads are just starting frost overnight... good news I was back walking again in 2wks... 

Glad to hear of your speedy recovery. :)

Give Respect To Get Respect   https://jeff-galbraith.pixels.com/

Earlier than I had hoped - 24 November. It was 7 deg. and I got very cold despite multiple layers. Still looking to sneek a ride soon though. 

Norcal616, very glad you are making good prgress.

Just do it! 

My last ride was sometime in November. :( it got so cold in Madison, Wi! 

And the following weekend my cars windows were smashed while in my driveway. My bike sits outside with a cover since I do not have a garage yet. Glad it was put away so it didn't get hurt! haha.

I half ass put mine up.  I rode the day before Thanksgiving and didn't get another opportunity to ride until yesterday.  It's always wet here and they use salt...like tons of it.  It managed to not rain or snow for enough days to completely dry out the roads, so I rode to work.  I have heated gloves and sufficient gear to keep me warm, but I don't anticipate being able to ride consistently again until March due to salt/wetness.

Archived