The MT-07 Forum

Lightmode- a few years later. Now worth buying?

duenan

http://lightmodehelmets.com

I sort of wrote them off when they first were introduced due to glueing it on your helmet, the use of AA (or AAA?) batteries in a large atrocious black box, and well, I think that is it.

3 years later, they now have 2 stick-on designs (along with the old glue your own designs) but more importantly, they have USB charging battery boxes now.

Maybe its time to look into them again?  Anyone here have one?  Only thing though is I only ride at night at most 5 times a year so I don't know if 130 bucks is worth it.

Engaging with people that have personality disorders on a message board is like arguing with a rock.

Controller and battery looks a bit obtrusive still. I'd rather it work for 2 hours and be unnoticeable than havin that block stuck to the side of my helmet. Also there is a relatively short lifespan on the light tape and EL wire which are not covered by their warranty. Laser wire is a more efficient and brighter system but the laser module is still not scaled down to my liking for mounting on a helmet. The pros of that system is that if it stops working, you only need to replace the laser module instead of replacing the wire. Seriously my biggest issue is lightmode is ripping people off. You can buy the components for El wire or tape system for 1/4 of the price of the lightmode system and put it all together with very little electronics knowledge. 

• Premium Member

I've definitely gone with the hi-vis stickers before. 

I've changed helmets since. I rarely ride at night. 

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

• 4 months later...
  • Premium Member
On 1/7/2018 at 7:22 PM, duenan said:

http://lightmodehelmets.com

I sort of wrote them off when they first were introduced due to glueing it on your helmet, the use of AA (or AAA?) batteries in a large atrocious black box, and well, I think that is it.

3 years later, they now have 2 stick-on designs (along with the old glue your own designs) but more importantly, they have USB charging battery boxes now.

Maybe its time to look into them again?  Anyone here have one?  Only thing though is I only ride at night at most 5 times a year so I don't know if 130 bucks is worth it.

You know you can source this exact same stuff out for a mere fraction of the price, and undoubtedly usb charging boxes as well. They're just buying off the shelf stuff like everyone else and bilking people of their money.

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

Neo Sign On your LID, I figure a 8 foot by 6foot Arrow flashing.  But then that will draw the drunks like sound does for zombies

Never mind

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

Archived