The MT-07 Forum

First day riding

dfhzcnc

Finally got my 07 today! I practiced a while in dealer's neighborhood and then rode it home, ended up putting 30 miles on my 07.

Before riding it home I consulted the dealer about sliders on this bike, I was told that since it is a 2015 there is no available sliders right now :(

For the riding experience, I don't know how to describe it, but I have smiles on me all the time! Easy to control, lots of torque, however I found it hard to reach the left/right indicator button when I held the clutch, any suggestions on that? I adjust the brake so I can reach it easily but I don't know how to do the same thing to clutch.

I am too excited to take picture today so this is the only picture I have so far:
It's too expensive for me to afford a garage in nyc so I purchased the campus parking permit which I will be fine since it is a 5 level indoor parking facility, my 07 will survive this winter.

IMG_2067_zps138f337b.jpg

• Global Moderator

Nice photo. Thanks. There are lots of sliders available. I have the OES ones on mine, and there are Yamaha ones, as well as Vagabond, and R&G. I am sure there are others, but those are the ones that come to mind. Dealers often do not know as much as they think they do :).

Nice photo. Thanks. There are lots of sliders available. I have the OES ones on mine, and there are Yamaha ones, as well as Vagabond, and R&G. I am sure there are others, but those are the ones that come to mind. Dealers often do not know as much as they think they do :).
I see, I guess I just have to buy them online, thank you mih937!

• Global Moderator

Sweet ride, congratulations!

You dealer is probably referring to the original Yamaha sliders. They are available in Canada and forum member @livestrong from Europe has a set for sale here.

A lot of members here have OES sliders, so do I. You can order them directly on their site or on eBay. I went for the full set with spools, which come in handy of you are considering a paddock stand.  They might come in handy of you want to do some maintenance.
They are easy to install, there is a nice write up on how to install them here and here

Sweet ride, congratulations! 
You dealer is probably referring to the original Yamaha sliders. They are available in Canada and forum member @livestrong from Europe has a set for sale here.

A lot of members here have OES sliders, so do I. You can order them directly on their site or on eBay. I went for the full set with spools, which come in handy of you are considering a paddock stand.  They might come in handy of you want to do some maintenance.
They are easy to install, there is a nice write up on how to install them here and here
So detailed, you are the best Guru! 

• Global Moderator

The Yamaha sliders are available in the U.S. https://www.yamahapartsandaccessories.com/product/details/fz-07-engine-guards?b=Street+Motorcycle&d=28|28&f=2015|212 They are very expensive, and I personally think the frame really needs something to go where the OES and most the other sliders go. If I did not have sliders to go there I would be looking for a plastic cap to cover it.

Ya, your dealer needs to recheck the all having internet. I was at my dealer a couple weeks ago and they didnt even have the info on the 600 mile service.

For all things FZ07, check here first.

Archived