The MT-07 Forum

Guess the Fat Nikens weight!

Beemer

I didn't watch the video until just now and I was totally wrong about it being able to act like a standard trike and balance for you at a stop, I didn't realize it worked the way it does. BUT! Now that I know that it was designed mainly to give more traction in curves I find myself saying, come on, really?! All that sacrifice of acceleration is suppose to be worth maybe a fraction of a second gain in speed in the corners and a little  confidence boost to go along with it? Not on any race track it's not and who's to say that both tires won't lose traction in a corner on the street? All kinds of things on an un-manicured surface can make two tires lose traction just as fast as one tire so I think the Niken can give people a false sense of security.

Really, if you're that worried about traction in curves you probably shouldn't be traveling by way of bike. A street rail with 4 tires would be more suitable for your paranoia. Just my opinion. I don't mean to discourage from buying a Niken, they're  great! 😏

Beemer

On 09/01/2018 at 4:40 AM, faffi said:

Why not? I think it is good that they think outside the box. Current motorcycle riders are getting very old, but not too old to still enjoy riding. If we are to have good motorcycles made also in the future, those making them must make money. The best way is to grow the market, and I think it is good that they try.

http://www.latimes.com/business/autos/la-fi-hy-california-motorcyclist-profile-20140825-story.html

True, and I'm not putting it or anyone that wants one down, but it doesn't make sense to me.  All that extra weight exchanged for a little traction?  I can see Spyders and such for those with disabilities as they hold themselves up, but this leans like a regular bike.  If somebody wants one, God bless 'em.  I'll ride with anybody on anything, no problem.

You're right, though, at least manufacturers are innovating and not stagnating with tried and true, safe ideas.  I approve.  I just don't get the concept.

What I win

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

• Global Moderator
2 hours ago, r1limited said:

What I win

You win our undying confusion 😋.

4 hours ago, Beemer said:

I didn't watch the video until just now and I was totally wrong about it being able to act like a standard trike and balance for you at a stop, I didn't realize it worked the way it does. BUT! Now that I know that it was designed mainly to give more traction in curves I find myself saying, come on, really?! All that sacrifice of acceleration is suppose to be worth maybe a fraction of a second gain in speed in the corners and a little  confidence boost to go along with it? Not on any race track it's not and who's to say that both tires won't lose traction in a corner on the street? All kinds of things on an un-manicured surface can make two tires lose traction just as fast as one tire so I think the Niken can give people a false sense of security.

Really, if you're that worried about traction in curves you probably shouldn't be traveling by way of bike. A street rail with 4 tires would be more suitable for your paranoia. Just my opinion. I don't mean to discourage from buying a Niken, they're  great! 😏

I have mixed emotions on the Niken. Heavy bikes definitely put me off. I'm not scared of weight. I've owned a few 500lb'ers, I just don't like it. 

So, yeah, the heavy, complicated front end doesn't excite me. However, there is an old fart in a nearby town that has a scooter type bike ( I don't know what it actually is) that has a leaning front end like the Niken. I've seen him absolutely hauling ass around some corners in the rain before. My buddy has a bike shop in this town. Him and I were outside moving some bikes around one day ( getting them out of the rain that snuck up on us). That old guy on his whatever-it-is comes railing around the block in the rain...you could hear tires chirping and skidding and slinging water, but he was still throttle-on and flatout hauling. I was impressed. I looked at my buddy and he said aloud what I was thinking inside: "Not me. Not in this water". Was is the twin-tire'd front end making it possible, or was he just a lunatic behind a set of bars? I don't know, but I'm finding myself curious to ride a Niken. I know ( i think) I'd never want to own one.  That CP3 engine has plenty of grunt to push the Niken around. 

2 hours ago, mjh937 said:

You win our undying confusion 😋.

The orignal post was
Guess the Fat Nikens weight!

So I guessed it oh confused one

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

On 1/11/2018 at 1:43 PM, r1limited said:

What I win

You win 10,478,333.254 peanuts! WOOT!

pile-of-peanuts.jpg

Beemer

6 minutes ago, Beemer said:

You win 10,478,333.254 peanuts! WOOT!

pile-of-peanuts.jpg

Loks like a pack of commifornians in the wlefare line

3 minutes ago, r1limited said:

Loks like a pack of commifornians in the wlefare line

If only they would work the jobs Americans don't work because they don't pay. Wait a minute ...... 😵

Beemer

3 minutes ago, Beemer said:

If only they would work the jobs Americans don't work because they don't pay. Wait a minute ...... 😵

You mean work for peanuts?  LOL welfare pays better and all the subsidies form the free shot trees planted by moon beem pretty soo of Commifornia will be anothershithole country ;)

3 minutes ago, r1limited said:

You mean work for peanuts?  LOL welfare pays better and all the subsidies form the free shot trees planted by moon beem pretty soo of Commifornia will be anothershithole country ;)

Don't worry, all sh*t finds it's way to the ocean and the San Andreas Fault is standing bye, patiently.  Rest easy and battle that pesky moon beem with Jim Beam. 😆

Beemer

40 minutes ago, Beemer said:

Don't worry, all sh*t finds it's way to the ocean and the San Andreas Fault is standing bye, patiently.  Rest easy and battle that pesky moon beem with Jim Beam. 😆

Dont drink dont live there anymore.  When I left I had no reason to drink ;)

22 minutes ago, r1limited said:

Dont drink dont live there anymore.  When I left I had no reason to drink ;)

Was more a joke than anything, guys our age really shouldn't be drinking as though we are in our 20's to drown our sorrows.

We should instead eat pot brownies because they don't kill you. 😁 😉

Beemer

11 hours ago, Beemer said:

Was more a joke than anything, guys our age really shouldn't be drinking as though we are in our 20's to drown our sorrows.

We should instead eat pot brownies because they don't kill you. 1f601.png1f609.png

I ride, no need for alternative measures

"10,478,333.254 peanuts"

This is exactly why pure mathmathics doesn't work for real systems. Describe .254 of a peanut...

It's what you get when you divide a weight of peanuts ( pretty much lost any meaningful experimental error precision), by the average weight of a peanut. Peanuts are real man. They are peanut or not ( aka digital peanuts). Chaos rules ( that's actual maths chaos, not general population chaos meaning). And why statistics based on probability are pretty well meaningless.

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, AlbatrossCafe said:

I don't get it. I was hoping you wouldn't have to put a foot down at a stoplight with the extra wheel, but it appears to still have a kickstand so... What's the benefit?

its being sold as a corner carving machine... my thoughts are its gonna ride/handle almost like a 2 wheeled bike but with the extra wheel up front for traction it gives more "whatever" to the user...  confidence? courage? maybe giving more ppl a chance to earn youtube hits of them draging a knee on the "snake" in cali?  

the 3wheel Polaris slingshot is just a 3wheel car not a motorcycle, same for a trike or a CanAm spyder to me because of the automobile like steering or the use of a reg ole manual transmission rather than the Nikens use of everything motorcycle from foot controls to steering to shifting with a bonus of 1 extra wheel...

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

No more will you have to have a cute dog at your side to get the chicks to talk to you, you'll have the Niken. 😘

Beemer

Archived