The MT-07 Forum

Soon to be joining the fz07 club

oldsocks

• Premium Member

Hello! - I'm getting things in order to go pick up a red one Saturday afternoon. I spent a couple of months lurking here gathering information before I decided to pull the trigger so thanks to everyone for their participation! I test drove the fz09 and while it was very nice it was a bit more than I wanted to get into. I was not able to test drive the 07 but I did sit on it and it seems like a fun ride. I was going to wait until the dealership got one in (it seems nobody in the state of Georgia has one right now) and see if they would let me give it a whirl but then I found a used one for sale. What? A used 2015 bike? Yep, lucky me I suppose. He just got it broken in for me and to the 600 mile service and is looking for an upgrade. So if all goes well I will be ready to start the mods next week. ;-)

-OS

• Global Moderator

Congratulations and welcome to the club. I cannot imagine needing to upgrade my FZ-07 any time soon. I love it, and red is the best color (we have a poll to prove it). Please post some photos when you get it, especially as you do upgrades. There are a lot of items available and it seems like there are more every day.

• Global Moderator

Congrats oldsocks! Welcome on board! I more night and she is all yours, I bet you can't wait ! Have fun tomorrow and make some pictures.

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

Welcome oldsocks! Congratulations on scoring the fastest color, what mods are you planning?

Illegitimi non carborundum

just curious what kind of price you are getting the "used" bike for and why would someone be selling one so quickly...I cant even imagine dumping mine after 600 miles :P

• Premium Member

Well, the ride back home yesterday afternoon was delightful! Definitely full of great delight  :) The bike handles so much better than anything else I have had and although I never got the front wheel all the way off the ground it did get awfully light a few times. I am anxious to get some time to take her out again soon! 

I have always enjoyed a louder exhaust both as a gauge for shifting and thrill of acceleration in my ears, but I don't want to be obnoxious. So an exhaust upgrade is on the list and then anything else that will help make it more comfortable like grips or even possibly a seat.

I got this one "used" for $6800. I found this to be a considerably good deal as compared to the only local dealer that even had one (he got it in Saturday) wanted $8600 OTD.  

I'll have to figure out picture uploads soon. The previous owner removed the decals and reflectors and then also the passenger pegs and rear brake reservoir bracket. Since I only ever plan solo riding I will probably leave them off.   

Thanks again for the warm welcome!

-OS

Archived