The MT-07 Forum

Tips/Tricks Request

ddipaola

I just picked up a new FZ-07. I'd like to hear some tips and tricks to mastering this bike from current FZ owners. Also, if you have any maintenance tips that might come in handy one day that'd be much appreciated. Lastly, if you guys have any ideas for useful modifications (mechanical or aesthetic) lets hear about them!

Current modifications: M4 exhaust, levers, axle/frame sliders, bar end mirrors, HIDs, integrated taillight

10 minutes ago, yamahazaki said:

ECU reflash or bust

+1 for this one. Get it done with 2WDW and they'll give you a forum member price.

Also, upgrade the air filter box (either DNA or Hordepower) if you've got an exhaust and plan on an ECU flash.

You do you and I'll do me.

Loose weight

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

1 hour ago, Duke said:

+1 for this one. Get it done with 2WDW and they'll give you a forum member price.

Also, upgrade the air filter box (either DNA or Hordepower) if you've got an exhaust and plan on an ECU flash.

I was actually just looking at the Hordpower airbox today. It's a super nice mod... literally bolt on power, and even more power w/ a tune.

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, ddipaola said:

I was actually just looking at the Hordpower airbox today. It's a super nice mod... literally bolt on power, and even more power w/ a tune.

not quite bolt on power w/o addressing fueling/ignition problems with either a ECU flash by Hordpower or a PCV.. 

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

8 hours ago, ddipaola said:

I just picked up a new FZ-07. I'd like to hear some tips and tricks to mastering this bike from current FZ owners. Also, if you have any maintenance tips that might come in handy one day that'd be much appreciated. Lastly, if you guys have any ideas for useful modifications (mechanical or aesthetic) lets hear about them!

Current modifications: M4 exhaust, levers, axle/frame sliders, bar end mirrors, HIDs, integrated taillight

I suggest going to our tech tips section and reading for a while. Most things are covered!

Performance mods:

ECU / Hordpower / full exhaust would get you most of the way there.

Then proper suspension would be the next ticket I'd punch, if I was looking to get the most from the bike.

I've been very pleased with the R6 throttle tube swap, though I would like an even shorter throw if I could find a proper drop in piece.

I have also been thrilled with the expensive, but worthwhile, SW Motech centerstand as it makes general maintenance a breeze.  Anything that's easy will also get done when it's supposed to get done as well.

Long rides, then perhaps a seat upgrade.

If you're planning on Hoonin it up, then a crash cage would be next on my list.  Otherwise it's just tweaking things to fit and look better for you.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/4/2018 at 5:49 PM, r1limited said:

Loose weight

Grammer police alert! 

Man, I do this all the time. I want to put that extra "o" in there. Aaaaaaand this reminds me...I need to tighten my chain.

2 hours ago, RSTX said:

Grammer police alert! 

Man, I do this all the time. I want to put that extra "o" in there. Aaaaaaand this reminds me...I need to tighten my chain.

Grammer Nazi

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

5 hours ago, guylee said:

*Grammar.

Gramma (Southern) Example Y'all need some Gramma less ons
Grayma (Real Southern) L I B Y'a suck at dis Grayma
Gamma (If your 7) Gramma wuz gamma

4 hours ago, r1limited said:

Gramma (Southern) Example Y'all need some Gramma less ons
Grayma (Real Southern) L I B Y'a suck at dis Grayma
Gamma (If your 7) Gramma wuz gamma

Grammaton Cleric- An officer of the Tetragrammaton council tasked with eradicating all emotion-evoking material and those who possess it. 

" Grammaton Cleric- An officer of the Tetragrammaton council tasked with eradicating all emotion-evoking material and those who possess it. "

Looks like I am in trouble then

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

Archived