The MT-07 Forum

2wheeldynoworks

Hello All!

I just wanted to remind everyone of the extension of the 2WDW Holiday Sale! I can promise the sale extension for just about another week. And when purchasing products at 2wheeldynoworks.com/ you can enter "Cats away" as a coupon code in your shopping cart. 

This will take an additional $10.00 dollars off your already discounted purchase! 

Click this link for Mail In ECU Flash Services https://2wheeldynoworks.com/shop/uncategorized/15-17-yamaha-fz07-mail-in-ecu-flashing-service/

Please feel free to email me at 2wheeldynoworks@gmail.com or call me at 425-269-5332 with any questions. 

Happy Riding!

Kirk D

BF4.jpg

BF7.jpg

Fz07 Full Yosh.png

fz07 sc project baffle in vs baffle out.png

• Premium Member

Welcome Kirk! I've been hearing nothing but good things about the 2WDW ECU flash for the FZ/MT-07. The HP/torque gains are obvious but I know an ECU flash does more than make more HP/Torque.  

For those of use that are still using stock exhaust with maybe a snorkel removal, I've got a few clarification questions please. I've read your website's list of different things a flash will update/change:

Custom Flashing Service:(Stock Exhaust)

– Disable Injector Decel Cut

– Professional fuel map modification to suit stock exhaust

– Removal of all gear based or speed dependent restrictions, TRE

– Optimized timing maps for 91+ octane (Does this mean I'll need to  use 91 octane gas post-flash or can I continue to use 87 octane?  )

– Disable AIS valve  (What performance change can be expected doing this on a stock exhaust?)

– Reduce Fan Temps 205°F (Any recommended changes to this for those of us living in hot humid climates like Florida?)

– Speedometer Calibration

– ECU Based Quickshifter  (Can I get more details on how this would work after the flash?)

Thanks in advance for any information you can offer. 👍

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

• Premium Member

And there I was panicking to get my payment in on time Dec'29th. 2017, which I did. Anyway's Welcome Kirk.

It would be interesting to see the answers to Dewmans clarification questions.

2wheeldynoworks

Hi @DewMan and @fzar!

Thank you for the warm welcome and follow up questions. 

Q – Optimized timing maps for 91+ octane (Does this mean I'll need to  use 91 octane gas post-flash or can I continue to use 87 octane?  )

A - For best results we do recommend running 91+ octane fuel. 

Q – Disable AIS valve  (What performance change can be expected doing this on a stock exhaust?)

A - This is a feature listed in error (I have just corrected this) This model is not fit with an AIS system. On bikes fit with an AIS system, you would tend to have backfiring under deceleration as air will be injected to help burn off any residual fuel in the exhaust. 

Q – Reduce Fan Temps 205°F (Any recommended changes to this for those of us living in hot humid climates like Florida?)

A - We have found the sweet spot to be 205 degrees for the fans to come on. And 195 degrees to turn off. This keeps the bike at optimum running temperature without stressing the bikes charging system. 

Q – ECU Based Quickshifter  (Can I get more details on how this would work after the flash?)

A - The ECU will be flashed with the ECU based quickshift feature enabled by default. When you are ready to ride with a quickshifter, you will need to install a quickshift kit to your bike.

This kit will include a shift sensor, linkage rod and QS harness to send the signal to the ECU. The FZ-07 requires an additional bike-side programming harness to be installed for the ECU based quickshifter. The ECU based quickshifter allows for full throttle upshifting through the gears without the use of the clutch. 

Please let me know if I can help with anything else! =)

• Premium Member

Thanks Kirk(?)!

I appreciate the info. 👍

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

• Premium Member

Welcome Kirk! 

How long will this offer be extended for?! 

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

2wheeldynoworks

Hi @motomeek!

Thank you, I am happy to be here. =) I will do what I can to keep it going as long as possible. I can safely say I can keep this going for about another week. Are you looking to have your ECU flashed?

• Premium Member
16 hours ago, 2wheeldynoworks said:

Hi @motomeek!

Thank you, I am happy to be here. =) I will do what I can to keep it going as long as possible. I can safely say I can keep this going for about another week. Are you looking to have your ECU flashed?

...I'm considering it!

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

2wheeldynoworks

Hello again @motomeek,

You will not be disappointed! Please let me know if you have any questions for me. I am happy to help. 

All the best,

Kirk D.

2WDW

Archived