The MT-07 Forum

FT ECU Flash Tune Kit - Maps

redline

I recently installed the FT ECU Flash Tune kit on my 2015 Yamaha FZ07 and was wondering if anyone had any experience with fuel maps. I cannot seem to find the right map that I need on the power commander website. I have a K&N air filter and a M4 slip-on exhaust installed on my bike. Does anyone have a map for that combination or a combination similar to that and are willing to share?

Thanks!

Just use the one closest to your setup. Ride it around and see what you think. Try a few more and pick the one you like best. Easy as that. It's what I did and I'm happy with it, I have the Mivv carbon oval. No exact map for me either. 

4 hours ago, stickshift said:

You'll need a map that's been tuned for an aftermarket air filter - try the map for the Akra exhaust & DNA filter (22-065-008).

That’s the one I ended up going with. After looking at the different maps available for my bike, it seemed like that one was the best. Took it around the block and can definitely feel a difference. Thanks guys!

• 3 weeks later...

I'm also thinking about getting the m4 slip-on exhaust as well and i was looking for maps because i simply wont install the exhaust without getting a map that works with it. I have alot of experience with cars and tuning so i know i don't want to run my brand new bike on a lean bike with an exhaust that's not tuned as well. If anyone makes a map or finds a good map let me know!!!

Where exactly do you find the maps and such that you use with the FlashTune kits? Are they just free downloads on Power Commander's website? 

I know I've asked this before ( i think...) but I'm an idiot concerning these things.

Yep. Just download from the site for your specific setup. Last I checked I think there are 5 options currently for the 07.

Closest match to your setup would probably be the Akra with the stock filter w/snorkel removed or Akra w/DNA. But most of the reviews I've seen say the K&N is pretty much the same as the stock W/snorkel removed. That's the configuration I run. Seems to run just fine with it. Smells rich, but that's expected.

Hmm. The smelling rich thing would annoy me. I'm not sensitive, but I've had rich running bikes in the past that eventually had my saddlebags smell like I was hauling gasoline. It gets on your gear that you hang in the house, too. Not crazy about that. 

I'm not talking like 2 stroke rich. I'm talking like 1980's cars rich. It's noticeable because it's been gone for so long. Its gone once the bike warms up so I haven't bothered with fine tuning the maps. Plus my next investment will be the auto tune add-on so why waste my time, right? 

Archived