The MT-07 Forum

Two Brothers installed

slideways

Thought I'd share my initial report on the system I just installed. I looked at just about everything in exhausts and had a bad case of the "I wants" for the Grave's titanium system. In the end money was the deciding factor as is so often the case for us 99%ers. The ti exhaust as beautiful as it is was just too much so I went with Two Brothers. Stainless headers and aluminum can.
Installation is easy on the MT/FZ-07 and rookies might consider this a first DIY upgrade project as it's would be unlikely you'd do harm to the bike and the learning experience and satisfaction upon completion will be good. It took me 90min from KSU to wheeling it out of the man cave and back into the garage and this included some cleaning.
I must say everything else aside the visceral experience of the motorcycle is greatly connected to the exhaust note. If this exhaust had not added any performance gain I'd still be happy. Forget the weight reduction and it's got to eight pounds minimum by my best guess. The sound, oh the sound! The bark when the throttle is blipped on down shifts, the mini back fires and burbling when decelerating and the almost Harley like note of the 270 degree firing when you get on it, nice!
So power gain? All I can offer here is what my butt dyno says and at first being a skeptic I normally contribute performance gains from aftermarket exhausts to the "it's louder" placebo effect. Then two days in with the Two Brothers I punched it hard in second and to my surprise the front end was two feet off the ground without even preloading and releasing the front suspension. In the name of science this experiment has been repeated so often I gotta cool it before I get busted. With the stock system power wheelies were no problem in first but not in second. The butt dyno says there is more power and second gear seems to be confirming this.
It is loud even with the most quieting DB killer and if you will be touring earplugs would be recommended. I say loud but with a gentle right wrist coming and going in my condo complex is done without waking or pissing off the neighbors.
Had the ECU flashed earlier and will have it reflashed after the holidays. Ask any question please.

Edited by slideways
  • Like 2

ABS =  Audible Blinker System. The horn beebs every time I use the blinker

Jeeze, didn't know my English teacher is a member.

• Like 2

• 6 months later...

I just got a two brothers installed yesterday and I love everything about it, the sound was what I was looking for. This is a dumb question but does the exhaust come with a DB killer already in it, or do you buy one to install? I can't imagine there's one in it with as loud as it is. Thanks

On 7/28/2018 at 3:52 AM, MT27 said:

Did you look in the end of the pipe?

Yes I did, it looks like there is some kind a silver tip in there that kind of looks like a P1 power tip, but I don't know.

On 7/28/2018 at 8:01 AM, timjh said:

Mine came with a medium attenuator.  You can buy one (I did) that quiets things even more.

That's probably what mine is, it looks like some sort of power tip.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Sorry, have been away for awhile. Was in remedial English class learning all about paragraphs.

In gear I weigh in at 160 pounds.

Grammar_fd8431_68135.jpg

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

• 6 months later...

Anybody with a Two Bros had to repack their muffler? Curious as to how long the original packing lasted.