The MT-07 Forum

UTAH rider

dewski

My name is Darryl   aka dewski
Had my FZ exactly one week now and have been loving it.  Initially was going to buy the white but it got sold so I ended up with the "blurple"  :)
Been riding 15 years now...this is my 3rd Yamaha but first sportie.  I also have a Yamaha Roadstar Silverado that I love. I got hooked on the FZ after riding a friend's naked (street triple) and then working on my nephew's Speed Triple. I saw the FZ09 initially on the website, read the reviews and watched a lot of videos posted. Then I stopped by a dealer and saw it in person and they had a demo bike that was piped that they let me ride.  During the "test ride" I knew I was in trouble!  The dealer told me about the 07, showed me some pictures but said they hadn't been able to get any in yet.  On a trip to Atlanta for a NASCAR race a month or so ago I found a dealer that had the 07 in and let me actually test ride it even though it only had 2 miles on it. I was super impressed by the bike and the more I compared it side by side with the 09...I found myself liking the small styling differences SOOO much better on the 07  (tail section/light, split seat, waved rotors, rubber on the pegs for vibration, etc)    Started shopping around locally in Utah and came across the Costco buying program and ended up haggling a pretty good deal on mine and the rest is history....just a week ago.  :)    

So far have 250 miles on her....have removed the passenger pegs and fabbed a bracket for the rear reservoir & also removed the passenger seat strap.  Plan to get a tidy tail soon, led signals front/rear, short blue levers, tail bag, switch fluids over to AMSOIL and then in spring do a pipe (probably 2bros or akro...or whatever else might come out by spring).   

Love the smooth power especially the mid range torque pull in the higher gears and also the MPG.    Found the forum from a google search. I Love bike forums as I regularly check  roadstarclinic.com  which has given me many ideas on mods and helped me check/fix so many things. I refuse to take my vehicles to dealers (stealers) if at all possible
Happy to be apart of the new FZ family!

along with the bikes...love to ski, hike, camp, fly fish, mt bike....Utah is a playground for it all!

roadie1.jpg  blurple1.jpg

• Global Moderator

Hey dewski, great to see you posting! Your are right, the 07 is a great bike and an amazing deal. Yamaha did a fine job.

If you are looking for a nice tail tidy (with or without signals), you could consider this one.
Handcrafted my a forum member and another amazing deal. :)

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

Welcome dewski! Nice lookin' bikes you got there! Is that a mustang touring seat? I have one on my Shadow, they are great! I am surprised at how many of our members looked at the 09 first, then discovered the 07. Utah sure is a beautiful state!

Illegitimi non carborundum

Yes it is a Mustang seat on the roadie....sooo much better than stock! And Utah is an amazingly beautiful and diverse geographic state. Awesome to view from a bike! :)

And I still have the Roadstar and plan to keep both. They are such different bikes that I love them both in different respects. I did take the RS for a ride tonight since I had not been on her since I got the FZ....wow, she is a beast compared to the FZ but still so fun and kick back comfortable...that and her pipes sound beautiful :)

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick
Yes it is a Mustang seat on the roadie....sooo much better than stock! And Utah is an amazingly beautiful and diverse geographic state. Awesome to view from a bike! :) 
And I still have the Roadstar and plan to keep both. They are such different bikes that I love them both in different respects. I did take the RS for a ride tonight since I had not been on her since I got the FZ....wow, she is a beast compared to the FZ but still so fun and kick back comfortable...that and her pipes sound beautiful :)
I feel the same way. I have my cruiser and my 07 and love them both. They get equal seat time too. And no exhaust can compare with the growl of a cruiser.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Archived