The MT-07 Forum

Puig Windscreen

Cruizin

Looks good!

Also noticed different turn signals-front & rear on that bike, better looking than the original ones.

I love the way it looks! Again, as someone who is new to bikes, how effective is a screen that is so short when combined with the upright riding posture of the 07?

- Alex

TwistedTorque
I love the way it looks! Again, as someone who is new to bikes, how effective is a screen that is so short when combined with the upright riding posture of the 07? 
- Alex
Puig sells them in a variety of sizes including a touring size. That being said, even a small flyscreen can be enough to direct the wind off your chest. Friend of mine has a small flyscreen on his fz8 and says it works perfectly. 

• 2 weeks later...
TwistedTorque
How can I order from Puig? I don't see any prices. So the FZ-09 screen fits the 07?
At the time that guy posted the video, I don't believe there was an FZ-07 Version so he used the 09 with a special mountain bracket I believe. Looks like there is an FZ-07 version now, at least on the Puig site. Not sure which retailers actually have any in stock yet since I haven't looked for it. Revzilla sells the 09 version so maybe in a month or two they'll get the 07. You could always call up a Puig distributor and ask.

• 2 weeks later...
Killafornia

How can I order from Puig? I don't see any prices. So the FZ-09 screen fits the 07?
I was wondering the same too. Mybe u have to get em through amazon. But they are not available yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guest montana07

Ease up on the CAPS nicky, but welcome to the forum.

Still haven't seen a screen I like, like the idea but not the looks. I've taken my bike to 90 and been okay, so I think I'll go without.

missourifz07

insert code here

I like these. I got the yamaha one. It looks good but certainly more options with this one for colors and size. If I had a redo, I'd probably go this direction. I do miss seeing the original four bolts on the nose so I think I'd have chosen a smoke color rather than black.

• Global Moderator

I know it's a a matter of personal taste, but I can't get over it how much I don't like a windscreen. The small ones don't do much and the bigger one look like the bike is wearing a high hat.

• Premium Member
I know it's a a matter of personal taste, but I can't get over it how much I don't like a windscreen. The small ones don't do much and the bigger one look like the bike is wearing a high hat.
I'm on the same page really struggling with the screen vs bug clean up, maybe the little Yamaha one but just love the look of the bike with out! So vain! 
Really don't like the bigger screens at all!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Global Moderator

I ordered the Yamaha one. Now I am just waiting for it to show up. I mostly want it to make it easier to clean up the bugs and to hide the key. I am not expecting much in the way of wind protection.

• Premium Member

I just pre-ordered the Puig one (Sport, dark smoke) from Motovation. I was told mid September by Puig. I just hope I'll have the bike by then!!!

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

I really like the look and want one of these screens but my hubs put the bugscreen/cowling on his FZ09 and complains that the key is now recessed in a well. I wonder if this will have a similar affect on the 07? I wish I could get a view from the saddle.

Illegitimi non carborundum

TwistedTorque
I really like the look and want one of these screens but my hubs put the bugscreen/cowling on his FZ09 and complains that the key is now recessed in a well. I wonder if this will have a similar affect on the 07? I wish I could get a view from the saddle.
Interesting. But it is worth mentioning the key placement for the 07 and 09 are in completely different spots. 
The 09 is on the left of the dash while the 07 is behind it. And from all the 07's I've seen with the both ermax and puig screens on, there appears to be quite enough room for the key. I don't want to post pics from other forums but you can find some if you look around.

Archived