The MT-07 Forum

Where do these go?

smutpeddler

I was taking the stock airbox out to install the Hordpower box, and these 2 small metal sleeves, and 2 thin rubber washers fell out of the fuel rail/injector assembly. I can't figure out where they are supposed to go. Help? 

IMAG2034_1.jpg

Dunno if it's really necessary, but you might consider replacing any seals that go between the rail and the injectors. Probably won't cost much and it'll ruin yer day if it's back together and fuel is spraying everywhere. 

• Premium Member

you dont need to remove the fuel rail or semi-take it apart to install a Hordpower Airbox 

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

• Premium Member
28 minutes ago, rick said:

Now you tell him 😉

😀... It took me a good hr of trying diffrent ways to get it out... patience is the key... I have seen some posts where ppl just cut it out... some ppl dropped the motor... its either you "got it" or you dont when it comes to FZ-07 airbox removal... 

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

• 3 months later...

Is there a thread on airbox removal? I can't seem to find one. If so, can someone point me to it? Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

If you have a look in the Australian section, I described removing the airbox in the air stack mod post. I cut the (useless) wings off so putting it back was MUCH easier, but considering most peoples love os stock looks you may have to figure how to stuff it back again. The process is a bit of a jiggle and undoing stuff you shouldn't have to.

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

Sorry I just realized that the instruction isn't in that post , but in the original on another forum and the link has disappeared.

Here is the description missing:

" Taking off the airbox on the MT is a complete pain in the butt.
First remove the tank. Remove the filter cover and filter.
You actually have to remove all of the connections to the throttle bodies both mechanical and electronic and air tubes and the fuel line. Undo the rubber manifold allen bolts on both sides of each of the throttle bodies. Undo the airbox hoses and airbox bolts. Undo the anti knock sensor connector ( I think that is what it is) . The throttle bodies have to move down to get them out and the wires are in the way.
THEN lever the throttle bodies towards the back of the bike and slip out the front manifolds between the engine and the throttle bodies . The bolts have to be very loose.to come off the throttle bodies and the engine.
Move the throttle bodies towards the front of the bike and downwards past the knock sensor. You have to turn them a bit.
The airbox will come out without forcing with very careful alignment as you move it forward and down."

Sorry about that.

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

When things like valve covers and air-boxes, etc. need wiggle-jiggle, stand on yer head antics to remove, I've always dreaded putting them back as it's always harder/even more frustrating in reverse. Sorta like pulling a trailer out of a driveway vs. backing back in, lol. .

Archived