The MT-07 Forum

New Rider from PA

Melly

Hello everyone!

My name is Paul and I'm just outside of Harrisburg, PA.  I rode dirt bikes from the age of 4 until about 16 and always planned on getting a street bike, but I guess never really got around to it.  Last year I decided it was time to find a bike and stumbled across the FZ09 and knew that was what I wanted.  However, when researching the 09 I stumbled across the FZ07 and decided that was what I wanted to get.  I just moved to PA from MD and now that I am all settled in I thought it would be a good time to try an FZ07.

3 days ago I called the local Yamaha dealership and said I wanted to get an FZ07 and asked if they had any at the dealership.  He said no, but that I could put a downpayment on one and they would have it there today or tomorrow.  Needless to say the downpayment was put down and I am now just waiting on the call to go pick up my white FZ07.  I could not be more excited.

Of course everyone loves pics, so I will post some when I go pick up the bike!  Of any forum I have ever been a part of, the people on here are the best group of guys and girls I have come across online.  

Happy Riding!
Paul

I did the same was going to get the FZ09 which was actually on sale at my local dealer then somebody pulled up on the 07 after a test ride,I sat on it and realized that was perfect for me.Went back home researched the 07 and few days later I traded my Vstrom 650,insurance at 200.00 dollars difference between the 07 and 09 was also a factor and didn't really need the extra power of the 09.I have over 1000 miles so far and I love this bike.

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

Welcome Im1262 and congratulations! We've found that the 07 has plenty of power to keep us happy for a long, long time!

Illegitimi non carborundum

• Global Moderator

I went in looking at the FZ-09 the day the FZ-07 was announced for the U.S. I had not even heard of the 07 until then and it was exactly what I wanted. You will love it.

Thanks for the warm welcoming! Just picked up my fz07 and rode it 15 miles home and it went really well. Its going to be hard to keep me off this bike!

That's because you got a white one,if it was rapid red you would have gotten lost on the way home, that's what happened to me  :)

That's because you got a white one,if it was rapid red you would have gotten lost on the way home, that's what happened to me  :)
hey to my credit i took a long way home! haha.  Im still very new to street bikes.  This was my first time even out on public roads on one.  But went extremely well.  Thankful for zero stalls at red lights! lol

hey to my credit i took a long way home! haha.  Im still very new to street bikes.  This was my first time even out on public roads on one.  But went extremely well.  Thankful for zero stalls at red lights! lol
In that case take your time getting used to the bike,she's very user friendly very good front brake had few close calls cars pulling in front of me  >:D she handles great  :).Few tips been new to road riding be very ALERT of cars just pretend that you're invisible to them.Make sure  to make eye contact when somebody is trying to make a turn in front of you ,take it easy for your first 100 miles or so your  tires are brand new and slick,little zig zag while riding will break them in careful in corners until chicken strips almost gone.Most important try to wear full gear ,a MSF course a very good idea one more thing try to keep front wheel down something I'm having hard time with 8-) especially on take off and second gear.Well I wish you good luck and be safe.Don't forget to post pictures and your bike last digits in the proper forum,riding age forum and so on.

Archived