The MT-07 Forum

Is Riding a Motorcycle Dangerous?

bornagainbiker

1 hour ago, Beemer said:

"f@#king nobody is looking for us." - Cruizin

Just yesterday I saw a guy driving an 18 wheeler, a wall on wheels if you will, taking off from a light and as he was accelerating he was looking down at a tablet, reading.

I'm a believer in "f@#king nobody is looking for us."

Rule #1 Ride like you are invisiable to everyone else.

Rule #2 Read Rule #1

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

33 minutes ago, r1limited said:

Rule #1 Ride like you are invisiable to everyone else.

Rule #2 Read Rule #1

Thanks, I already practice that but that's good advice to people that don't.

Beemer

1 hour ago, Beemer said:

Thanks, I already practice that but that's good advice to people that don't.

I know you get it, and yes this must be repeated time and time again even for us experienced riders.  For me, every time I get on the road on my bike "I never under estimate the ingenuity of an idiot"

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

I ride my motorcycle in Dallas, is this dangerous, hell yes.  As someone mentioned, I do carry a large life policy on myself, just in case.  Will I stop riding, certainly not, I've been a rider for over 20 years.  Stay safe all.

I have learned that it pays to expect the unexpected and not to get angry or even upset when somebody fail to see me and barges ahead as if I wasn't there - we do not ride well when agitated. Also, it doesn't help one iota to be right - as the softer part, we are the ones ending up in the ambulance if push comes to shove. 

56 minutes ago, faffi said:

and not to get angry or even upset when somebody fail to see me and barges ahead as if I wasn't there

Ya I usually motion them over to have a cup of coffee and hugs,  KUM-BY-YA-MY-LORD-KUM-BY-YAaaaaaaaa :)

28 minutes ago, r1limited said:

Ya I usually motion them over to have a cup of coffee and hugs,  KUM-BY-YA-MY-LORD-KUM-BY-YAaaaaaaaa :)

And 5 minutes after you leave the poison in their coffee starts to take effect. That's a W.W. move!

BTW, is your head suppose to be a Hershey's Kiss or a log flume dumpling?

Beemer

45 minutes ago, r1limited said:

😁 

I find that a mild shaking of the head or a gentle gesture tend to make people feel uncomfortable, wheres shouting, honking, showing the finger or giving the "your-stupid" sign rather makes them angry. Personally, I prefer to make them embarrassed as it seems to have a slim chance of educating them to pay more attention next time - I do not need any more angry motorists around me than there already are. Every time you get angry, your primal instincts are taking control, leaving the thinking part of the brain out of the equation. Not good.

14 minutes ago, Beemer said:

You mean to tell me it isn't a self portrait ???

18 minutes ago, Beemer said:

shet head, Our company is building out a new website, the marketing guy wants to put all the pics of employees on the website, this is mine.  I have me pic taken and I loath it on company websites.  just a personal thing  and yes this is what we sent to the marketing guy and it is me well ya its me :)

13 minutes ago, r1limited said:

shet head, Our company is building out a new website, the marketing guy wants to put all the pics of employees on the website, this is mine.  I have me pic taken and I loath it on company websites.  just a personal thing  and yes this is what we sent to the marketing guy and it is me well ya its me :)

What do ya know! Howdy-ho!

Beemer

39 minutes ago, faffi said:

😁 

I find that a mild shaking of the head or a gentle gesture tend to make people feel uncomfortable, wheres shouting, honking, showing the finger or giving the "your-stupid" sign rather makes them angry. Personally, I prefer to make them embarrassed as it seems to have a slim chance of educating them to pay more attention next time - I do not need any more angry motorists around me than there already are. Every time you get angry, your primal instincts are taking control, leaving the thinking part of the brain out of the equation. Not good.

I'm with you on that 100%. I'm a big fan of giving f*ck-tards the big THUMBS UP to suggest they are GREAT (not!) or a simple shoulder shrug to suggest, WTF are you doing or wtf did I do?!!

thumbs up power slide.jpg

shoulder shrugg.jpg

Beemer

I totally freaked someone out once, I pulled up next to them and started act texting then looked over at em and did a wus up and a thumbs up

at first they where like WTF then they flipped me off

Dumb ass cagers

17 minutes ago, rider said:

I still think on-board missiles would be nice.  Just small ones...

Didn't the old BatMan have BatTard Repellent in a spray can on his utility belt? That would work too, right?

Beemer

1 hour ago, Beemer said:

Didn't the old BatMan have BatTard Repellent in a spray can on his utility belt? That would work too, right?

Yeah, but that may work both both ways.  Just sayin...

2 hours ago, rider said:

Yeah, but that may work both both ways.  Just sayin...

You're no tard, it wouldn't affect you.

Beemer

Archived