The MT-07 Forum

Honda CTX700

minkster

My other bike is Honda's maxi-scooter, the ctx700.  It's designed for efficiency, not performance.  It's probably the best beginner bike ever made.  Maintenance is simple: oil changes, chain, and a screw and locknut valve adjustment every 16,000 miles.  The valve adjustment really doesn't require mechanical skills, anybody can do it.  The bike has a cruiser sitting position and low seat height, so flat footing is easy, even for short people.  The bike gets around 65 mpg, and is a capable touring bike.  The only problem..... 0-60 in 5 seconds. 

The FZ 07 has the same size engine, but is made for performance.  Takes off like a rocket, weighs 100 lbs less, and steep lean angles by comparison.  I just bought an fz, and I suspect I will be selling the ctx come spring. 

I think we've discussed this with you on CTX700 forum. I also bought FZ this spring and thought it will be capable of replacing the CTX DCT that I also have... It will not, they're not interchangeable. Completely different animals. You'll need both of them. I know I do. Keep both for awhile, then you'll see...

Archived