Nlucc

EJK check engine no codes

Nlucc

Hi.. I have a 2017 fz-07 and just installed an akrapovic carbon exhaust along with an EJK controller. Installed everything as described, disconnected the o2 sensor and when started the bike a got a check engine light with no codes. Bike runs fine, checked everything, no clue.. 

Any ideas?? 

Thanks 

Cruizin
6 hours ago, Nlucc said:

Hi.. I have a 2017 fz-07 and just installed an akrapovic carbon exhaust along with an EJK controller. Installed everything as described, disconnected the o2 sensor and when started the bike a got a check engine light with no codes. Bike runs fine, checked everything, no clue.. 

Any ideas?? 

Thanks 

Call Dillon on Monday at 877-764-3337. He will help you diagnose and correct. 

Beemer

I was told the EJK overrides the 02 sensor from 1500 rpm on up so maybe a problem with the EJK itself. What Cruizin said. 

superfishal

Same happened to me with same exact setup on my 2015 and I talked to dobeck customer service and they never got back to me with a solution(possibly because I'm in California and the ejk is not exactly road legal in this state) so I switched to the power commander. It's not perfect but got me power gains where I wanted them ( 1st gear slow speeds is a little jerky but manageable). I don't know if it was a faulty ejk or what but at least now I know I wasn't the only one with that issue. Good luck solving the problem.

Nlucc

Thanks for the responses. 

Took it to the dealer and the light was for o2 sensor disconnected. If I reconnect it the light goes off.. So either live with the lights,  leave it connected or flash the ecu 

Let's see how the bike feels with the o2

r1limited

why I do not like EJKs

stickshift
1 hour ago, Nlucc said:

So either live with the lights,  leave it connected or flash the ecu

You can buy lambda (O2) sensor eliminator kit off ebay, it will stop the check engine light.