The MT-07 Forum

Mods all at once or one at a time??

phanomenal07

So as you guys know I had the GPR damper installed. Only got to ride about 2 days with it before all this snow came. I’m also sending my ecu to 2wdw today for the reflash. I also have the r6 throttle tube And shorty levers ready to be installed. Being that I’m still trying to get used to the bike with the damper on and the handling is gonna change again with the reflash should I just install the throttle tube and levers on the bike now or should I wait to ride around some more to get used to the other changes before I do anything else? The bike already feel a lot different with the damper alone.

I would just install everything and ride where the speed limit is low, (around the neighborhood) it shouldn't be any more unfamiliar to you than the bike was the first time you rode it new and you survived that. You'll be fine. I would go so far as to say 'be extra careful with the throttle tube'. Turn that sucker slowly until you get familiar with it.

Beemer

My $0.02 worth.... there are two sets that you want to do at once:

1. Exhaust, ECU flash and R6 (not Motion Pro) thottle tube

2. Front and rear suspension changes and new/better tires

Reason being IMO is that you get the biggest WOW factor when you do them at once. Cold reality is that in 100-200 miles you will be use to the changes. You may as well get the biggest rush you can because that's just freaking fun!!!

Oh, and of course, the ultimate would be to do ALL of the above at the same time.

I guess I’ll install everything then. Just sent out my ecu today and I’m super nervous about it being in the mail. 

Yo need a seat too, ya a Seat thats the ticket get a seat man

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

20 hours ago, FZ07R WaNaB said:

My $0.02 worth.... there are two sets that you want to do at once:

1. Exhaust, ECU flash and R6 (not Motion Pro) thottle tube

2. Front and rear suspension changes and new/better tires

Reason being IMO is that you get the biggest WOW factor when you do them at once. Cold reality is that in 100-200 miles you will be use to the changes. You may as well get the biggest rush you can because that's just freaking fun!!!

Oh, and of course, the ultimate would be to do ALL of the above at the same time.

I was thinking about the R6 throttle tube mod. Why do you recommend against the Motion Pro branded one? Sorry if its a noob question. 

1 minute ago, Beemer said:

From your pic it appears your RC plane is a little bigger than mine. 😉 I wish I weren't acrophobic, actually flying would be so much more fun.

Now back to mods, sorry!

haha that is not even me. its a stock photo that the website assigned when they updated the site a couple months ago. 

7 hours ago, fathertime92 said:

I was thinking about the R6 throttle tube mod. Why do you recommend against the Motion Pro branded one? Sorry if its a noob question. 

The Yamaha OEM R6 tube gives you a shorter turn than the Motion Pro which of course means a quicker hit on the throttle. At first it may seem a bit intense but you get to love it very quickly. The bike is still very rideable and controllable. People on the forum seem to prefer the R6, and most who say otherwise are just trying to defend why they didn't man-up and buy the Motion Pro IMHO. It's a $20 tweak that makes the bike a poopload more fun. There is a ton of info on FZ07 about both, and how to install them. Enjoy!

• Premium Member

I customized mine over a period of 1 year or so, pretty much everything has been replaced and much more added with the exception of tires and brakes, the grand finale was Bitubo front and rear suspension from our excellent vendor here BellissiMoto. It was nice to slowly research and piece it all out over this period, not to mention having a year long Xmas of steadily arriving parcels. 

Buy quality once, its only money, you'll make more tomorrow.

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, FZ07R WaNaB said:

At first it may seem a bit intense but you get to love it very quickly.

It was a shorter turn, and definitely worth it, but nothing too crazy.

43 minutes ago, Mr.Puss said:

the grand finale was Bitubo front and rear suspension

he lives! you finally get it installed?

• Premium Member
On 12/17/2017 at 8:51 PM, i28 said:

It was a shorter turn, and definitely worth it, but nothing too crazy.

he lives! you finally get it installed?

HAHA, Man Ive been too busy/worn out to feel very social.   As far as the suspension goes, I'll personally install the rear over my extended winter downtime, and the fronts, unfortunately I'll need a real man with the proper space and tools to do the job.

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

• Premium Member
On 12/18/2017 at 9:28 PM, Mr.Puss said:

HAHA, Man Ive been too busy/worn out to feel very social.  

Same here, man. Been too busy to even ride lately.

You'll definitely love the front end feel after the suspension upgrade tho. It'll be on rails on the line that you want to take.

Good luck on finding a real man in Canada though 😝😆

Just click on the vendors boards, and then also go up top and click on the FZ07 parts links and build your list of upgrades. 

Suspension is the one upgrade that will actually make you faster. Pipes and power are just that, but suspension is what allows you to actually USE the power. Unless you just ride in straight roads all day. 

I have seen guys on FZ-07's smoke much more powerful bikes because they had the right suspension for their height, weight and riding style.

Archived