The MT-07 Forum

My dash got stolen.

sunblock

😢😢☹️

As per the title, some low-life scumbag stole my dash last night.

He also added an extra f@#k you by cutting the cable instead of just unplugging it.

dash_stolen.md.jpg

Surprisingly the bike is still drivable without the dash so I was able to go to work today.

Now I have to fork out for a new cable and dash and I will still run the risk of getting parts stolen unless I find some other parking arrangement. f@#k my life.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone knows how do I replace the cables? Is it an individual piece, or part of the harness? It's not clear on the diagrams.

The wire harness assembly costs  870 Euros!!! (1027 USD)

• Premium Member

https://www.yamahapartshouse.com/oemparts/a/yam/53a99b09f8700220a4415855/electrical-1

#8 looks like the harness you need? 

https://www.yamahapartshouse.com/oemparts/a/yam/53a99b09f8700220a4415851/meter

#1 is the dash unit

edit:post is for USA bikes... EU bikes may/or not have same part numbers...

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

42 minutes ago, stev74 said:

The connector for the cockpit is this here -->  MX34024

You would need also some of these header pins --> MX34Conns

Holy shet!

Thank you for that!

This will save me A LOT of money!! I will buy the connector and fix it my self instead of getting a new harness.

You're a goldmine of information!

2 hours ago, sunblock said:

Holy shet!

Thank you for that!

This will save me A LOT of money!! I will buy the connector and fix it my self instead of getting a new harness.

You're a goldmine of information!

I know @stev74 wasn't going to produce his new dash, but you should definitely ask him very nicely to, haha

8 hours ago, sunblock said:

😢😢☹️

As per the title, some low-life scumbag stole my dash last night.

He also added an extra f@#k you by cutting the cable instead of just unplugging it.

dash_stolen.md.jpg

Surprisingly the bike is still drivable without the dash so I was able to go to work today.

Now I have to fork out for a new cable and dash and I will still run the risk of getting parts stolen unless I find some other parking arrangement. f@#k my life.

I f@#kING HATE THIEVES
MAY A THOUSAND FLEAS FROM A CAMALS ASS INFEST YOUR JUNK BUCKET

YosemitiSam.jpg

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

Stev74 I forgot to ask, have you got a diagram maybe that shows where each cable goes on the terminal? Or maybe a picture of the terminal that shows the cables and their position?

Damn! Shooting is too good. recommend a chainsaw at the wrists.

Have you looked on fleebay - for a fresh entry? Wouldn;t be the 1st time someone parted out someone else's bike for a few bucks

You might consider security bolts or just a std. internal hex that's been filled with epoxy once in place. No one will take the time to dig it out.

It's a friggin backlit lcd. Antiquated technology by now. It would be more profitable to steal something with an oled or tft screen. If a thief was smart though he would probably have a job. Good luck tracing out the wires to the new connector. 

54 minutes ago, sunblock said:

Stev74 I forgot to ask, have you got a diagram maybe that shows where each cable goes on the terminal? Or maybe a picture of the terminal that shows the cables and their position?

Here a pic from the manual with the color codes.
I painted the connector into "3d" that you know where is front and back.
There is one cable what is missing there...its for the ABS light on the dash. Unfortunately I don't know which color this cable has.

fz-07-Connector.jpg

...and be careful with choosing the right cable for the right hole. If you have it in the connector its extremely hard to remove. So don't make a mistake :)

17 minutes ago, superfishal said:

It's a friggin backlit lcd. Antiquated technology by now. It would be more profitable to steal something with an oled or tft screen. If a thief was smart though he would probably have a job. Good luck tracing out the wires to the new connector. 

He doesn't sell like as an LCD screen, he sells it as an MT-07 dash. It costs brand new around 600 euros, so even if he gets 300 euros for it, that's half a Greek Salary for doing nothing.

5 minutes ago, stev74 said:

Here a pic from the manual with the color codes.
I painted the connector into "3d" that you know where is front and back.

Wow, that's super! I owe a beer for sure! Very helpful !!

1 hour ago, superfishal said:

I wouldn't say its "antiquated technology" :)
The problem with OLED and TFT is that a LCD is still better readable under daylight because there exists no transflective version of a TFT or OLED. (to my knowledge)
I hope I'm wrong but I'm trying to buy transflective TFTs for some time now and I can't find them anywhere.
Maybe there exists special versions for bigger manufactures? I'm still searching for that answer.
A guy on a electronic forum told me its technically not possible to build a transflective TFT. I don't know if thats true.

A TFT and OLED is like a lamp...it just creates light but compared to a bright sun thats very hard. A transflective LCD is using the sunlight.
LCD has other weak points like...its very slow and in cold conditions even slower :)

• Premium Member

A totaled  bike might be an option???  It wouldn't matter that it was well picked over since I doubt many would be looking for a harness.  Best of luck!!!

I found a donor harness from ebay:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/YAMAHA-MT-07-RM042-14-16-MOTOR-KABELBAUM-EIN...

But it would cost an arm and leg in work-hours. (I can't do the operation my self)

Stev74's solution is the best. With the correct connector, I'll repair the harness my self.

I have fiddled before with similar terminals (once), so it shouldn't be very difficult. Worst case scenario I'll pay an automotive electrician to do it.

3 hours ago, stev74 said:

...and be careful with choosing the right cable for the right hole. If you have it in the connector its extremely hard to remove. So don't make a mistake :)

Why did that kind turn me on 👉😜👈

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

I wonder if the thief realized it was the stock gauge unit. He may have thought it was an aftermarket unit, like a Trailtech or KOSO, since they kind of look that way. 

That really sucks, and I hate that it happened, but I'm glad to know the bike will run without it. That really opens up a lot of options.  

You could probably get a cheap instrument from China to work. I managed to get it to operate on a 1993 Honda CB400SF by adopting a speed sensor from a ZX-6R that originally sits at the front sprocket on the Kawasaki - I fitted it to the swingarm where it reads the rear sprocket bolts. The MT07 already has a Hall effect speedo sender, I presume, so that should be taken care of already.

Archived