The MT-07 Forum

Fabbri Gen-X Sport Screen

craig9080

• Premium Member

I'm not a big fan of screens for the FZ-07, but I do like this one a lot. Most of them I've seen are too close to the headlight and where it meets the headlight the lines just look out of place.

I do like this one though, probably because the lines where it meets the headlight aren't interrupted. The Rizoma screen seems to be ok also, but the overall appearance seems to be slimmer/narrower.

I'm contemplating getting something to help in the tuck, as I changed my riding position and plan to track this bike often :) that, and since my bars are different (more forward and lower), there seems to be a lot of "space" between the light and the instrument cluster, and this screen fills that space nicely, while not really detracting from the lines of the bike.

I likely :)

- Paulie

Thanks for the pics, the bike looks great!

BTW, does the sticker come off easily without leaving marks?

:)

I likely :)

- Paulie

Thanks for the pics, the bike looks great!

BTW, does the sticker come off easily without leaving marks?

:)

The sticker was a PITA, but I sprayed the spot down with some spray wax and used my fingernail to slowley pick it away for about 45 min, a credit card would probably work as well. No marks, just a lot of elbow grease.

The front blinkers...where did you get a 'bracket' that covered the remaining open area left behind the blinker unit itself? Mine came with the blinkers and no 'filler' piece so when installed you have a 1/4" or so 'gap' behind the blinker where you san see into the rubber opening on the side...ideas how to cover that area? Also, anyone tried the 'touring' version of this Gen-X Fabri? Wander how it works with wind deflection compared to say a Puig or Ermax?

• 8 months later...

So I ordered the Fabri GenX Sprot Screen from PJ's Parts last week, it arrived yesterday and I installed it last night and I wanted to share my feedback for anyone considering this. I was smaller that most of the screens I considered online but it immediately caught my eye and although I didn't think it would offer any wind deflection I decided I would buy it and have it painted something like a retro/contemporary scrambler style number plate with some cool pin striped border, maybe a white background and some cool numbers in a really unique font, maybe even some gold leafing applied to the numbers. Anyway, I haven't had it painted yet because I need to come up with the right design and find a local artist willing to do something for around $100.00. If and when I get it painted I will share pictures. Now, back to the feedback... I have just under 4K miles on my FZ-07 in just under four months, she is my commuter and I am racking up mileage quick so this is coming from good experience in that seat. As many of you already know that at speeds of 70MPH and above the wind strain starts getting excessive and gets really intense the higher you go especially with even the slightest head wind. This morning I couldn't believe how much wind this tiny little shield deflects - way to go Italian design! It sits slightly forward with its mounting bracket and deflects wind straight up at top helmet on me. I'm 5'9" with average length torso so taller riders might not benefit as much but shorter riders will benefit eve more. My commute this morning was so quiet in my helmet and it was so much more enjoyable, I felt like I was driving a Gold Wing!!!! LOL, well maybe not that much. It definitely give you an extra 10 MPH, so where I used to travel comfortably at 70 MPH is now 80 MPH. The drawback to that is I have to get reconditioned so that I slow down more because when I think I'm doing 69 I'm actually doing 79. Anyway, kind of a long response but I am very pleased with the function, look and cost of this product! If you are considering it DO IT!!! It's under $100 bucks and if you want to upgrade to something more substantial your only out $100 bucks and I'm sure you could sell it online no problem. I look to keep as much of the naked look as possible and this shield exceeded my expectations!!! pH

• 1 year later...

Ive had this for 2500 miles and i do like the look which is why i bought. As far as functionality its not the best but does a goos job to move the wind up wards off the chest area. Im 5"8
a1978b473e83606c846a815a79ed74fb.jpg

Archived