The MT-07 Forum

Show me your......

R6-FZ07

On 12/14/2017 at 3:21 PM, avanti said:

Custom mounted Puig (on Yama screen mounts) with small "ear flaps."  I'd thought about removing the "bat ears" but decided not to after adding the flaps.

Can you show how you mounted it. I really like the air flow of the aftermarket windscreens but they're all mounted so damn upright it makes the bike look like a cockatoo... Looks like you might've found a way around that?

• Premium Member

ddipaola.  I didn't take pix when mounting, for some reason, duh; I usually do such.  I already had the short Yamaha "fly screen" and opted to use those mounting brackets which were already in-place.  The painted, aluminum "ears" are mounted to the Jami brackets and provide the threaded-hole for the top screw on each side of the screen.  Between the ear and the screen, on each side, is a cylindrical, nylon "cylinder"/spacer  which by modifying its height allowed me to tip the Puig as I wanted.  Yes, I wanted it tipped back more as you suggest you'd like, which is why I went to the trouble of fabbing my own mounts based on the Yami brackets.  You will see that I had to drill a couple extra holes in the screen to mount it via my adjustable set-up and I had to plug a couple of unused, Puig, mounting holes.

Here is a picture of the mount/ear pieces.

+4984bSm.jpg

+4983Sm.jpg

Had a Givi on mine for about 2 weeks. Took it off because I felt it made the wind noise worse and did not improve the blast at all. And after taking it off thought the bike looked better without it. If I get another, it will just be the small Yamaha unit and be for looks only.

IF the "bat ears" are functional, i am guessing it is to help smooth the release flow and prevent vortex shedding.

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

1 hour ago, Duke said:

I got this one off eBay. Provides no wind protection whatsoever. I got it purely for looks.

IMG_20171227_160852.jpg

Haha...My bike came with one when I bought it without the logo. (It's still on)  And I have the same mirrors.  What kind of flushed mount turn signals do you have?

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/11/2018 at 12:09 PM, Spanglo said:

Speaking of the small Yamaha unit:

13HUEvi9qtIkb9R6wucU6k0JJGktevUJiopQeLDC

Hey mate, where did you get that little windscreen thingy from?? thx

• 2 weeks later...

Archived