The MT-07 Forum

Show me your......

R6-FZ07

.....windscreen!

Looking into getting a windscreen. But can't decide on which one to get.  

If there's a thread already.  Let me know.

Thanks,

I'm aware of this this thread listed below, but would love to see pics on folks bikes instead of just sales photos.

Here's an old'ish pic of the Dart Manta windscreen.  Does a fantastic job at highway speeds and I think looks good.  I removed since I prefer the increased airflow, but keep on hand for "long" trips.

20170315_110921_001.jpg

Givi a2118 windscreen. Puts airflow mid chest for me (5'9). Takes the edge off of wind blast. 

20171001_162418-3024x1701.jpg

1 hour ago, bornagainbiker said:

Sharp looking windscreen--how does it perform?

Really really well. I have stock bars but I think it would be even better if your bars are lowered.

5 hours ago, bornagainbiker said:

The Puig Naked New Generation Touring Windscreen (smoke tint):

DSC_2914_3.thumb.jpg.d4dd45f6065f8b755aa4221e64251195.jpg

I like this one and the Givi.  My only complaint on the Puig is the peaks on the side look odd to me.  Do you have any shots from other angles?  I wonder how it would be affected if I took a dremel to it and removed those peaks?

• Premium Member
bornagainbiker
48 minutes ago, VertigoTX said:

I like this one and the Givi.  My only complaint on the Puig is the peaks on the side look odd to me.  Do you have any shots from other angles?

Here's a close-up straight on:

DSC_2932.thumb.jpg.5dd7673789c51d277bb22b5db42cb3a9.jpg

Give Respect To Get Respect   https://jeff-galbraith.pixels.com/

• Premium Member
bornagainbiker
2 hours ago, grefshk said:

A lot of people hate on my windscreen, but I love it. 

Looks good to me--is that the touring or the sport touring model?

• Premium Member
bornagainbiker
6 minutes ago, grefshk said:

I'll bet it offers a lot more wind protection than my little Puig. :)

3 minutes ago, bornagainbiker said:

I'll bet it offers a lot more wind protection than my little Puig. :)

It takes all the pressure off of my chest. This is basically my first bike and how strong the wind pushed against my chest made me hate long rides. I'm sure if I took it off I'd be fine now with some riding experience under my belt. Even still, it really helps with long rides! 

• Premium Member
bornagainbiker
4 minutes ago, grefshk said:

It takes all the pressure off of my chest. This is basically my first bike and how strong the wind pushed against my chest made me hate long rides. I'm sure if I took it off I'd be fine now with some riding experience under my belt. Even still, it really helps with long rides! 

How is the buffeting around the helmet?  That is the complaint that I have with my Puig--it does keep the wind off the chest area, but causes a fair amount of turbulence around the shoulders and helmet area.

5 minutes ago, bornagainbiker said:

How is the buffeting around the helmet?  That is the complaint that I have with my Puig--it does keep the wind off the chest area, but causes a fair amount of turbulence around the shoulders and helmet area.

The only thing I've noticed is that it makes my helmet whistle. But other than that no noticeable turbulence!! 

• Premium Member
bornagainbiker
3 minutes ago, grefshk said:

The only thing I've noticed is that it makes my helmet whistle. But other than that no noticeable turbulence!! 

Sounds like it's head and shoulders above my screen--pardon the pun.

9 hours ago, Zephyr said:

Here's an old'ish pic of the Dart Manta windscreen.  Does a fantastic job at highway speeds and I think looks good.  I removed since I prefer the increased airflow, but keep on hand for "long" trips.

20170315_110921_001.jpg

I'm hoping you are in the US so you can sell me that windscreen.

Thanks for posting.  All looks great on the bike.  Narrowed it down to the dart manta and givi.  If anyone is selling a used one please let me know.

strangest-motorcycle-3_600x0w.jpg

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

• Premium Member

Custom mounted Puig (on Yama screen mounts) with small "ear flaps."  I'd thought about removing the "bat ears" but decided not to after adding the flaps.

==982bSm.jpg

Thanks for the compliment @R6-FZ07, but I plan on doing more long distance rides going into 2018 and anticipate getting more use out of the Dart Manta.  They just released a new version with anti-scratch.  FYI:  I'm 5'11 and the wind catches the top of shoulders, not chest, and the helmet.  There is a hint of turbulence at the helmet to me.  Probably because all of the wind is high versus even across the entire body.  I suppose a torso measurement would be better than overall height, but I don't consider myself long in the torso.  Best of luck in your hunt.

Archived