The MT-07 Forum

Hazard lighs blink once and die - Turn signals OK

manu421

Hi everyone!

I've being having a weird issue with my bike. I've recently bought the OEM Yamaha LED turn signals which come with the 5ohm-5watt ceramic resistor to install in series with de standard electric installation. 

First, i installed the rear turn signals. After that, everything was ok. Both turn signals and hazard lights ran perfect.

Then, i installed the front turn signals (always being careful to insulate everything, respect the polarity of both lamps and being careful to place de resistors in a place with good ventilation) and something interesting happend: When i turn on the the turn signals, they run perfect. But when i turn on the hazard lights, they blink once and then turn off (not even the indicator on the dashboard blinks). Then, if i want to turn on a turn signal, i have to wait approx. 5 seconds.

I've checked for short-circuits, insulated everything, checked 2-3 times and nothing.

i've thought on buying a LED relay, but here in Argentina it isn't as easy to find one of those as it is in the rest of de world.

Any thoughts on the issue will be more than welcome!

Greetings, Manuel.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, digitalsteve said:

It's the flasher relay; I had exactly the same thing

Hi Steve! Thanks for the reply! I was going insane thinking i was the only one who had this issue. When you say that it's the flasher relay, do you mean it's not handling the load of the 4 resistors or do you mean it's broken and must be replaced? Thanks again!

• Like 2

18 hours ago, manu421 said:

Hi Steve! Thanks for the reply! I was going insane thinking i was the only one who had this issue. When you say that it's the flasher relay, do you mean it's not handling the load of the 4 resistors or do you mean it's broken and must be replaced? Thanks again!

It's not handling the load.
Get the flasher relay and you won't even need to bother with the resistors.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, digitalsteve said:

It's not handling the load.
Get the flasher relay and you won't even need to bother with the resistors.

Thanks for the reply Steve! I'm gonna try to bypass both of the front resistors and see if the relay can handle that. The problem is that here, in Argentina, finding an electronic relay that suits the bike is quite hard! Gonna try that and write back! Thanks again!

• Like 1

• 3 years later...
On 12/12/2017 at 1:08 PM, manu421 said:

Hi everyone!

I've being having a weird issue with my bike. I've recently bought the OEM Yamaha LED turn signals which come with the 5ohm-5watt ceramic resistor to install in series with de standard electric installation. 

First, i installed the rear turn signals. After that, everything was ok. Both turn signals and hazard lights ran perfect.

Then, i installed the front turn signals (always being careful to insulate everything, respect the polarity of both lamps and being careful to place de resistors in a place with good ventilation) and something interesting happend: When i turn on the the turn signals, they run perfect. But when i turn on the hazard lights, they blink once and then turn off (not even the indicator on the dashboard blinks). Then, if i want to turn on a turn signal, i have to wait approx. 5 seconds.

I've checked for short-circuits, insulated everything, checked 2-3 times and nothing.

i've thought on buying a LED relay, but here in Argentina it isn't as easy to find one of those as it is in the rest of de world.

Any thoughts on the issue will be more than welcome!

Greetings, Manuel.

I got exactly same problem, but it happens only when bike is running, so if only key in ignition everythings works currectly, but once i turn the bike on running, blinkers in front works well the rear ones also, but the hazard lights blinks once and goes off after like 5 seconds it will work again blinkers, but if i turn hazards on again it ll do the same. Were you able to correct the problem with the led flasher relay?