The MT-07 Forum

Hello from Argentina!

manu421

Hi everyone!

My name is Manuel, i'm 27, from Argentina and last week i took possession of my new 2017 MT07, in night fluo (grey with yellow wheels)! I'm sure all of you have experienced that thrilling emotion of the torque deliver this bike gives, i'm still amazed! I've had the chance to drive a friend's BMW G650X-Moto and until now, i thought that was an amazing bike from the torque stand of view. But now.. hahaha

I look forward to being able to give something to this forum in return of all of the knowledge that is available here! 

I apologize for my english, it's been a long time since i've wrote anything in english!

Best wishes for everyone!

Manuel

Welcome and congrats! Don't worry about your English, it's a far cry better than calamity clown's spelling and it's actually better than a lot of peoples I've seen. I'm not talking about typo's, either.

Beemer

Thank you Cruizin, it's my pleasure! And also, thank you RSTX! Right back at you, Texas is one of the states that awakens my curiosity! I've had the pleasure to meet a girl from Texas who was visiting over here, and since then i've been wanting to go there. Beautiful woman, beautiful sights, excellent roads, the beauty of guns (here in Argentina unfortunately, being able to buy a gun to defend yourself or to shoot as a sport is one hell of a problem), great barbecues and plenty of great cars and bikes! If you ever come around over here, be sure to write to me so you can have a guide to show you around! 

• Premium Member
Eastern Kayaker

Welcome Manuel! When you get time, post some scenic pictures of Argentina and your new ride. Be safe out there.

manu421 - You would love Texas and if you ever decided to move there you would be welcomed. If you ever decided to visit Florida let me know and DewMan and I would be honored to give you a tour.

Beemer

Thanks Bornagainbiker!!! Eastern Kayaker, also thank you! Soon i'll be posting a couple of pictures! I live in Buenos Aires, so most of my pictures will be from the city, but i expect to be making a trip in March to the Cordillera (Mendoza, Bariloche and probably Santiago de Chile), in which time i'll be posting videos and pictures of the trip (amazing view).

Beemer, thank you very much for your kindness! Is there any company where you can rent a bike over there? It would be my honor to meet you guys and, if possibly, go out for a ride over there. I've found that when you are traveling, renting a bike is a way to get to know a place like no other! The views, the conexion with the place is a unique experience!

Thank you very much guys for the warmth welcome!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi from Queensland Australia. Just did a Google Earth trip of Argentina to check out the roads.

Is Route 3 are incredible as it looks for a big trip? The south down around Tierra Del Fuego looks incredible.Or along the coast to route 3.

Where do youy live?

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

• 1 month later...

Hi Gregjet! I live in Buenos Aires, right in the middle of the caos! The route 3 starts in Buenos Aires and goes all the way down to Tierra del Fuego, just like you said. The road by it self is in good conditions but it has one lane to go and one to come, during the week it has a lot of trucks since it connects most of the citys and ports - Buenos Aires - Bahía Blanca - Trelew. But, once you've passed Bahía Blanca, the road becomes less busy and starts to have a lovely view. The further the south, the conditions of the road deteriorate but not to a point where you can't drive. 

If you are looking for a nice adventure, i suggest along route 3 that you look for Route 40.

The route 40 is like route 66 for us. It crosses Argentina from north to south all along the Cordillera. I'm planning on doing a piece of that road with a couple of friends next year (i suggest you look for El Calafate - Bariloche - Camino de los 7 lagos as a great motorcycle adventure).

I went to Calafate last year (August, our winter) and the roads are so freaking amazing for a bike trip (not at all during winter).

If i can help you in any way, and if you decide to come, do not hesitate on giving me a call!

Best regards!!

My days of international travel are gone. I was always interested in going to Argentina to ride, but too old now, and for a lot of my life it wasn't a government friendly place to go for an Aussie, especially one that worked for the Australian Government. I would need to learn South American Spanish first as well ( something I always wanted to do since having a girlfriend who lived in Uraguay for a while).

A ride along the Big Range sounds incredible. I don't "do" winters, so that would not going to happen anyway. I lived most of my life in the tropics about the same latitude as Linhares in Brazil ( little furthur north).

I might try and get to the Phillip Island MotoGP this year though. Do you go to the Rio Hondo event?

14 hours ago, gregjet said:

My days of international travel are gone. I was always interested in going to Argentina to ride, but too old now, and for a lot of my life it wasn't a government friendly place to go for an Aussie, especially one that worked for the Australian Government. I would need to learn South American Spanish first as well ( something I always wanted to do since having a girlfriend who lived in Uraguay for a while).

A ride along the Big Range sounds incredible. I don't "do" winters, so that would not going to happen anyway. I lived most of my life in the tropics about the same latitude as Linhares in Brazil ( little furthur north).

I might try and get to the Phillip Island MotoGP this year though. Do you go to the Rio Hondo event?

Well Greg, it's never too old and never too late! I've traveled with a couple of friends who have 64 and 60, both have great riding skills! In terms of being a friendly place for an Aussie, i've never heard here a negative comment about australians! It's the exact opposite: lots of friends are dying to know Australia! Hope that doesn't keep you from coming to visit us! 

I imagine you are used to a tropical climate, but don't worry, as long as you travel to Patagonia in between late september and early May, there should be no problem as far as cold!

I'm trying to organize with a couple of friends for us to go to the Rio Hondo event, have to plan carefully because its a 3000km trip (1500 to go, 1500 to come).

Really hope you come visit us, at least now you know you've got a friend here!

Bests!

Manu421,

It wasn't the people that was the problem, it was the govt and military. I have friends that said they were followed everywhere when they went in the 70's. Australian and Argentinia graziers have a very long history of friendly interaction even through the junta years. We get more unfriendly reactions from Uraguayians ( they still haven't forgiven us for beating them twice in world cup qualifiers in football).

Your country looks like a fantastic place for an adventure bike tour ( guess that's why the Dakar ended up there). And I have heard about the meat ( I am NOT a vegetarian)... OH I have heard about the meat.

BTW My girlfriend Sally ( KTM 690 Duke) and I went to Phillip Island in 2014 on the bikes, then on to South Australia ( her mum lives there ) then back home. 6000km round trip. Watched Jack Millar win the Moto3, so it was worth the trip. He is from the road racing club we used to be in in Townsville before we moved to Bundaberg.  "Perfect weather " for the trip...1degC and raining on the way down and up to 44deg C on the way home...you gotta love Australian weather. All in just over 2 weeks. Our biggest problem was the tank size on the KTM, which is even smaller than the 07. Towns with fuel are a fair distance apart in Aus , especially inland so we had to stop more often than we wanted. I did it on my TR650 Husky with a 32litre fuel tanks, so wasn't a problem for me, but if I do it on the 07, I will also have to plan carefully, or go down closer to the coast ( towns closer together).

Sally has sold her bike after over 40 years of riding, so we won't be doing any more road trips ( though I might go to PI myself this year). Or go by car and then down to Tasmania to go mountain bike riding.

BTW I am 65 in a few weeks and Sally is 60.

My sister is over there now enjoying a holiday. Have fun with your new bike, just like the rest of us.

Just do it! 

Archived