The MT-07 Forum

Front Right Indicator not Blinking

rhngr

Hello Gurus,

Thanks to these forums and your glowing reviews I just bought a second hand '16 with low miles and love it so much! 

There is a problem with the right side blinkers I was hoping you all would be able to help with before I started digging into the fuses and relay. The rear right indicator will blink rapidly and the front right indicator will not blink at all. The left side blinkers are fine and running lights on both sides are fine. Any ideas ?

Thanks in advance!

• Premium Member

there's a good chance the front right bulb has burned out. That would be the first thing I would check.

i28 is right. 

The rapid blink is because of the lack added load of the front blinker that isn't lighting up.  There's a Phillips screw on the bottom edge of the turn signal body. Pop that out and the lens will slide out to let you get at the bulb. 

Mine does the same thing craziest thing is it goes like off then on and i can figure it out
Off On , Off On, Off On

Wierd

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

1 hour ago, i28 said:

there's a good chance the front right bulb has burned out. That would be the first thing I would check.

1 hour ago, shinyribs said:

i28 is right. 

The rapid blink is because of the lack added load of the front blinker that isn't lighting up.  There's a Phillips screw on the bottom edge of the turn signal body. Pop that out and the lens will slide out to let you get at the bulb. 

That is it ! Looks like one of the filaments in the bulb has burned out and that must be the blinker.  I thought I read somewhere the running light and blinker shared  the same filament and was wondering why the running light was working and was thinking maybe the relay had issues. Now I know there are two different filaments! Thanks again guys!

14 hours ago, r1limited said:

Mine does the same thing craziest thing is it goes like off then on and i can figure it out
Off On , Off On, Off On

Wierd

You paid right at $7k for a blinker? You are crazy! I paid that much for my bike w/ blinkers. 😉

Beemer

1 hour ago, Beemer said:

You paid right at $7k for a blinker? You are crazy! I paid that much for my bike w/ blinkers. 😉

I just got back from the dealer.  Its all good they told me thats how it works

Man what a releif

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

Archived