The MT-07 Forum

Mail in custom seat service.

Cruizin

Until  I recently switched from my 'Seat Concepts' seat back to stock, I had forgotten how the stocker pushes one forward...though raising the rear may have helped with the push. I think I'll switch back before riding again. I think the forward lean would be fine with lower bars and/or with rearsets.

Kyuzo, I did a post with pictures on how to replace the seat bolts with home made pins (cut heads off of longer spare bolts and drilled for clevis pin)...it works very well, is solid/secure and adjustable to get the drag on the pins 'just right'. I'm rather computer challenged and find my picture files now to large to upload to the new forum format, hopefully I'll take the time and with patience figure out what to do about this. Anyway, the mod cost all of a dollar or two to buy the clevis pins at Orchard supply, might as well buy some new stainless bolts to cut off so they'll be nice and pretty.

My seat pin post was dated April 21, 2017.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Markstrett,

Trick for posting pics of a better size. If you are posting from a pc.

Most picture viewing programs have an editing program ( sometimes hidden) , that will have a compression app in it. ( http://www.thewindowsclub.com/microsoft-office-picture-manager-windows-10 )    

For most versions of windows from XP.

If you "compress for Documents most pics will fit well. Don't forget to SAVE!!!! after

Tip :

In every folder you copy a pic for posting from( on anything), create a sub folder called "SHRINK". Copy the file there, and THEN edit and compress. You will always have a copy shrunk to posting size and still have the original full size in the ordinary folder. And you will always be able to find the shrunk copy easily. Very useful when you are doing projects and have a few photos that you are posting. Almost every folder I have with pics in it has a SHRINK subfolder. It was also very useful when Photobuchett stuffed us all up, because I could just find and replace easily.

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

Thanks gregjet, I really appreciate the help... I'll give that a try later, right now I'm on my phone...first time I've accessed the forum from my Android phone, I'm thinking maybe it would be easier since I usually use it for photos. Thanks, Mark

Oh yeah...and you ALL keep your photos on a hard drive SEPARATE from you operating system, don't you...As well as ALL you other data tha is valuable.

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, gregjet said:

Oh yeah...and you ALL keep your photos on a hard drive SEPARATE from you operating system, don't you...As well as ALL you other data tha is valuable.

+1 

4-bay Synology  NAS in use here. If anyone want to hijack or hostage any of my PCs.... I just wipe and reinstall OS & apps. All critical files are safely on my NAS that gets regular backups.

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

10 hours ago, DewMan said:

+1 

4-bay Synology  NAS in use here. If anyone want to hijack or hostage any of my PCs.... I just wipe and reinstall OS & apps. All critical files are safely on my NAS that gets regular backups.

I don't know, 108 TB (12 TB drive x 9) just doesn't seem like enough. 😉

edit: Wait, what's going on here, a high-jack?! Back to the seat!

Beemer

• 11 months later...
  • Premium Member

I am just now stumbling into this and I am very interested in a better, more comfortable seat than the stock one

Archived