The MT-07 Forum

ProTaper 1 1/8 Universal Rubber Mount

br4nd0n

Their universal rubber mounts don't have their own rubber incorporated in to them, it just means they work with bikes that already have rubber mounts like ours. You probably knew that, just clarifying. I can't see any reason they wouldn't fit in to the rubber isolators that our stock risers bolt fasten to, but you may want to measure the stock bolt size & ask Protaper what bolt size they use before ordering. I've used these in the past to convert from clipons to bars. They're fine risers. Anything ProTaper makes is good stuff.

The stock gauge mounts to the stock bar mounts ( I'msure you know that, too), so if you use these mounts you will lose your mounting point and will have to fab up your own gauge mount. 

If you want to go to fat bars and lift them some, you can use their standard universal  7/8 -fatbar mounts,too. I have them on my FZ and they work well with our stock risers/bolt spacing. 

pro_taper_universal_solid_mount_kit_blac

You will still have to fab up something to remount the gauges as the extra height prevents the gauge from back in to position, but all you need is a simple flat late with 4 holes drilled in it to extend straight up. I don't have a picture of what I did, but it's very simple to do. I can get a pic if you need one. I could punch you out a quick mounting plate if you find yourself in a jam. 

Archived