The MT-07 Forum

Boo Winter

bornagainbiker

• Premium Member
bornagainbiker
5 minutes ago, faffi said:

Why so negative 😁 

I'm not really a winter person.  It's probably because our winters are so up and down.  We tend to get a lot of freeze, thaw.  We also tend to get wet snow, followed by rain, followed by cold--this makes for a lot of frozen slush.  Now if I could just figure out a use for frozen slush, I'd be rich. ;D 

Give Respect To Get Respect   https://jeff-galbraith.pixels.com/

I love the snow, have ridden in it a few times when I had my Buell 1125CR and my '15 FZ-07. I mostly like it because I snowboard but it usually doesn't bother me with riding. It snowed about 3" yesterday in NJ and I'm going on about a 110 mile ride in about an hour and a half for this AMA Polar Bear Club I'm in. Worst part of the ride so far to a local coffee shop was getting down my icy driveway.

2003 Buell XB9R (2011-2011) Crashed
2009 Buell 1125CR (2011-2013) Sold
2015 Yamaha FZ-07 (2014-?) Current

308144.png

I agree fully, I do not like the wet, the cold or the snow. Especially the constant changes between frost and thaw. But today it was a good day to try the bike in the snow 👍 It will likely be gone by Wednesday. 

1 hour ago, bornagainbiker said:

I'm not really a winter person.  It's probably because our winters are so up and down.  We tend to get a lot of freeze, thaw.  We also tend to get wet snow, followed by rain, followed by cold--this makes for a lot of frozen slush.  Now if I could just figure out a use for frozen slush, I'd be rich. ;D 

Doubt you would get rich off this but you're willing to try and sell them in the winter ... good luck ... and I really mean GOOD LUCK!!!

slushies.jpg

The kin folk said, "biker, move away from there! Said Californie is the place ya wanna be!" 🔆

Beemer

• Premium Member
bornagainbiker
10 minutes ago, Beemer said:

Doubt you would get rich off this but you're willing to try and sell them in the winter ... good luck ... and I really mean GOOD LUCK!!!

slushies.jpg

The kin folk said, "biker, move away from there! Said Californie is the place ya wanna be!" 🔆

Yes!!!  I could sell them in three flavours:  Road Salt, Sand, or my personal favorite: Road Salt and Sand Crunch. ;D

Give Respect To Get Respect   https://jeff-galbraith.pixels.com/

40 minutes ago, bornagainbiker said:

Yes!!!  I could sell them in three flavours:  Road Salt, Sand, or my personal favorite: Road Salt and Sand Crunch. ;D

Thanks for the good laugh!

Don't forget, you can add roadkill crumbles (kids LOV'EM!) 😋

Beemer

bene in the High 20s here in Snoho

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

Archived