The MT-07 Forum

USB connection

phanomenal07

So I already have a sae cable with a USB adapter connected to my battery. With that being in place do you guys think it's even worth it  to connect a USB port to the 12v aux port under the tank?

• Global Moderator

The only advantage I see to using the aux port is it is switched, so you cannot accidently drain the battery if you forget to turn your device off.  

I've considered this as well.  Could a charging cell phone drain our battery far enough to not start if left over night?  I could see wanting to do so if on a trip with the bike.

Well of that is the only benefit then I guess it'll be a know for me. I unplug everything on my bike everyday since it is parked outside. I would only use it for my phone and gps. I can't afford to leave those outside lol

4 hours ago, phanomenal07 said:

So I already have a sae cable with a USB adapter connected to my battery. With that being in place do you guys think it's even worth it  to connect a USB port to the 12v aux port under the tank?

That is how I have my USB port connected, direct to the battery.  I wanted to use the switched aux connection but I could not find the connectors to do that the way I wanted and I didn't want to make the connector.  I have had this setup for about six months with no issues and knowing what I know I would certainly recommend it.  Love the convenience of having it direct to the battery.

If you are looking for the connectors, they are available on eBay for about $9 shipped from Taiwan. I opted for this for peace of mind and convenience when needing to disconnect it. But by no means necessary. You could cut the factory plug and replace it with another style or just butt splice it. But it's personal preference like much of people's choices on here. 

Ride safe!

18 hours ago, mick97702 said:

If you are looking for the connectors, they are available on eBay for about $9 shipped from Taiwan. I opted for this for peace of mind and convenience when needing to disconnect it. But by no means necessary. You could cut the factory plug and replace it with another style or just butt splice it. But it's personal preference like much of people's choices on here. 

Ride safe!

I actually did buy the connector but it got shipped to my old address and I can't get it jack😐 don't think it'll be worth it to buy it again

Archived