The MT-07 Forum

I want to change our banner up top, any ideas?

Cruizin

Anyone here have any graphic design experience? Or, do you like the banner up top with the bike in it? Any ideas for anything else?

Opinions are appreciated. I liked the banner when I created it, but now it just doesn't look right. Also, do you guys and gals like the black background? I wanted this forum to look different from all the others with White backgrounds.

• Global Moderator

If it was me, I would probably design something with a smaller hight so you have more real estate for the actual forum topics. Like now I would put the name of the forum on the left (without the word forum because people will probably know that already. The font would be in line with the rest of the forum and it would be clickable, bringing you back to the first page (home). No need for mentioning FZ-07.org twice like now.
Then maybe picture of without the square background of a bike so the color of the banner continues behind the picture.
What you can also do is reserve the picture area for a featured user bike. People can submit an artsy picture which you can change after a certain period.

I wasn't a fan of the black as you know so I change the theme and it is white now. It is easier to read and navigate. With the the black I sometimes loose my cursor when typing haha. As for the white theme, I don't really like the diagonal striped background. I would probably go for boring grey.

But like they say... Opinions are like @$$holes, everybody has one. And it is mostly a question of personal taste. It will be impossible to please everyone. The forum is way better the just a couple of days ago and you guys are doing a great job.

• Global Moderator

I like the idea of a featured bike in the banner. It could be a bike of the month type of thing. I personally like the black, but am not really too bothered what the background color is. I have almost zero artistic ability, so cannot be of any help on that front.

• Global Moderator

It's all yours lol
If you need it in specific size or file format or want things different just let me know.

• Global Moderator

PM'd you back Cruizin. Tell me what you think.

Archived