The MT-07 Forum

Yoshimura carb/50 state exhaust

Bigturbomax

Bigturbomax

Put a few more miles on it. Cant get enough of the growl from this pipe! I discovered its actually an r77 muffler with a modified baffle. Sounds much like the yoshi "race" exhaust only a little quieter. I dont plan to take it out, but the baffle is most certainly removable. Only held by a tamper torx bolt lol. 

Grip it & Rip it

Sounds great! I think your video is the first one on the internet lol. How does the fueling feel? I assume you have a stock ecu? Also, the R77 doesn't do a loop-de-loop like that, though it also doesn't have a cat...

On 4/14/2018 at 7:38 PM, Bigturbomax said:

I regret NOTHING. 

LMAO! When I ordered my Arrow exhaust I immediately regretted spending so much money. I didn't even mention it to the wife like I do on most larger purchases. When the box showed up she asked and I just smiled. :D But yeah, that first ride totally erases all regret. Congrats, duder!

Bigturbomax
8 hours ago, Grip it & Rip it said:

Sounds great! I think your video is the first one on the internet lol. How does the fueling feel? I assume you have a stock ecu? Also, the R77 doesn't do a loop-de-loop like that, though it also doesn't have a cat...

I actually dont know about the fueling yet. I have an EJK installed and am running with their recommended settings for stock exhaust with snorkel out. The bike rips like this. I hadnt adjusted it since installing the exhaust on friday. I was planning to put the EJK to stock settings for a ride this week and see how well this exhaust performs with stock fueling as its sold through Yamaha and supposedly runs great on stock fueling.

And in reguards to the R77 comment, obviously the headers/pipe is a unique set up. I meant the muffler is an R77 slip on. Its the same muffler on a totally different pipe. The back of the muffler as an ARB EO tag and says the muffler meets the 80db mandate. Behind the removable baffle its straight through.

And its definately the first video of this exhaust. I know because i looked for months. Im gonna make some more later. 

• Premium Member

is that the Japan approved exhaust??  they are total nut cases about noise...

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

Bigturbomax
56 minutes ago, norcal616 said:

Haha! Nah, its only sold in US market to my knowledge. Labeled as CARB/EPA 50 state legal. California is nuts about noise too apparently.

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, norcal616 said:

As are some tracks in the UK....

Craig Mapstone
Upstate New York

10 hours ago, Bigturbomax said:

Labeled as CARB/EPA 50 state legal

CARB

Comminist Approved Retarded Basturds

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

• 1 month later...

Archived