Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Bigturbomax

Yoshimura carb/50 state exhaust

Bigturbomax
1 hour ago, mjh937 said:

Even the with the stock exhaust the bike is much better with an ECU flash.  I would spend money on a tune before I spent it on an exhaust (and I did, I have the 2WDW tune and am still running the stock exhaust).  

Somebody is gonna flame me for saying this, but i really dont have complaint with the stock tune lol. The soft forks and whisper quiet exhaust are much bigger gripes for me. The engine braking really doesnt bother me AT ALL. 

• Like 1

r1limited
8 minutes ago, Bigturbomax said:

Somebody is gonna flame me for saying this, but i really dont have complaint with the stock tune lol. The soft forks and whisper quiet exhaust are much bigger gripes for me. The engine braking really doesnt bother me AT ALL. 

Drill holes in it, I hear thats the schnizit ;)

• Haha 2

Bigturbomax
49 minutes ago, r1limited said:

Drill holes in it, I hear thats the schnizit ;)

Oh HELL NO lol!

• Haha 1

r1limited
2 minutes ago, Bigturbomax said:

Oh HELL NO lol!

Ya know I was joking right

Bigturbomax
7 minutes ago, r1limited said:

Ya know I was joking right

Funniest thing ive heard all day!

Thanks for that R1

• Like 1

shinyribs
1 hour ago, Bigturbomax said:

I appreciate the insight. For clarification ive been talking with the dealership parts manager and i can get this for about $175 less than shown in the link. Which makes this system a much more realistic competitor. That puts it closer in price to other high quality systems. In reguards to the arrow recommendation, i actually have always liked the look of upswept exhaust on bikes. However, since im running the soft saddle bags id feel better running the "under belly" style exhaust. 

I have SW Motech Blaze soft luggage on my bike. It clears the exhaust just fine. There's not a ton of clearance, of course, but the can doesn't get very hot. The carbon fiber tip never gets hot at all, naturally. Of  the ~3,000 miles I've owned this exhaust, at least 2,500 of those miles have been with luggage. It's not been an issue. 

Not trying to convince you one system is better than the other, just letting you know :)  I picked the Arrow mainly for it's routing due to a street tracker project I hope to pull off with my FZ when time allows...

• Thanks 1

bornagainbiker
3 hours ago, Bigturbomax said:

The engine braking doesn't bother me either--I even kinda like it. ;D

• Like 2