Jump to content
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Bigturbomax

Yoshimura carb/50 state exhaust

Recommended Posts

Bigturbomax

So think im gonna skip the cheap exhaust and go with the yoshimura/yamaha exhaust system with the catalytic converter and power loop. Anybody know anything about these?

 

https://www.shopyamaha.com/product/details/yoshimura-fz-07-y-series-full-exhaust-systems?b=Search&nw=yamaha-motor-company

 

I like the style and the fact that its yamaha sponsored so it supposedly runs perfect on stock ECM tune. Plus, yoshi always sound good.

 

Thoughts?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
r1limited

Interesting, I wonder what the DB levels are be interesting to see the numbers if @2wheeldynoworks and or others start tuning

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Grip it & Rip it

I’ve never been able to find a video of this exhaust in action. Someone out there has one, but no video seems to exist.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
r1limited
23 minutes ago, Grip it & Rip it said:

I’ve never been able to find a video of this exhaust in action. Someone out there has one, but no video seems to exist.

I am wondering if these are labeled officially as Yamaha GYTR, you wont find them on Revzilla only Yamaha Dealerships.  I have heard that Yamaha will be offering chassi components for FZ07 Dirt Tracking as well as some engine compnents.  Much like back in the day being able to build a complete Shell Thuet XS/OW750 twin...

Oh ya back in the day OW was the label for Works like the OW01 FZF750 or roberts OW TZ'z

Edited by r1limited

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bigturbomax

I habe also looked and looked but cant find a video of this exhaust running. Im kinda going on blind faith of past experience 1-ive never heard a yoshimura pipe or slip on that i didnt like, 2-its carb/50state certified so it cant exceed california decibal restrictions meaning it shouldnt be to loud. Also, it still has a cat and the extended loop so it should retain stock-like torque and have a good tone....in theory. They also claim an 18% wheight savings, which i suppose is probably 4 pounds or so. Id love to find confirmation that it wont need a tune. I feel like if yoshi says it meets carb certification that it kind has to run right on stock fueling. Somebody, somewhere has got to have bought this pipe before lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
crsnhppr

Not that I can find video or documented proof off... and I hound the internet for new exhaust videos. Buy it, and do some dyno runs or at least get video of the sound!

20 hours ago, Bigturbomax said:

I habe also looked and looked but cant find a video of this exhaust running. Im kinda going on blind faith of past experience 1-ive never heard a yoshimura pipe or slip on that i didnt like, 2-its carb/50state certified so it cant exceed california decibal restrictions meaning it shouldnt be to loud. Also, it still has a cat and the extended loop so it should retain stock-like torque and have a good tone....in theory. They also claim an 18% wheight savings, which i suppose is probably 4 pounds or so. Id love to find confirmation that it wont need a tune. I feel like if yoshi says it meets carb certification that it kind has to run right on stock fueling. Somebody, somewhere has got to have bought this pipe before lol.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bigturbomax

Im waiting for my christmas bonus at the end of the week. Ill let you guys know. I guess im just taking a leap of faith and being the guinea pig. I dont think ill end up regretting it. Fingers crossed. Ill definately give a big review with photos and take some videos. I need to bust out my cheapo vivitar action cam too when i get it installed and ill get some sound while riding. 

Edited by Bigturbomax
Forgot something
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bigturbomax

Im mostly just praying i dont have any running concerns cuz my wife is gonna kill me if i tell her the bike needs a tune after spending that much on an exhaust LOL. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bigturbomax

My dealer has always been upfront and honest with me and told me it does not need a tune. There is an FZ09 new on their showroom floor with a y series exhaust. It looks amazing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
crsnhppr
3 hours ago, Bigturbomax said:

My dealer has always been upfront and honest with me and told me it does not need a tune. There is an FZ09 new on their showroom floor with a y series exhaust. It looks amazing.

The Y series looks great IMO. You won’t need a tune with it, the bike will performs better with a PCV or tuning solution but any bike does when they add exhaust. Post videos, do a full write up and let us know what you think because I know it’s definitly on my maybe list as well! You can always tune it later if you wanna do that.

Edited by crsnhppr

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
shinyribs

Food for thought, the ArrowX Kone system I bought supposedly did not need a tune. After almost 3,000 miles on the system, I agree. It comes with a cat in the midpipe (very high flow- it's basically wide open) if you need that for inspection, or you can specify a midpipe without a cat. Very reasonable, yet noticeable  sound level with the baffle in, super fun crazy loud with the baffle out. Baffle swaps in and out in seconds. About $200 cheaper than the Yoshi in your link.

 

It's an upswept system, though, which might not be what you want at all. 

 

Exhaust sound in the video is 100% accurate to real life,except it doesn't capture how much louder it is with the baffle (chicane) removed. 

 

 

Edited by shinyribs
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mjh937
21 hours ago, Bigturbomax said:

Im mostly just praying i dont have any running concerns cuz my wife is gonna kill me if i tell her the bike needs a tune after spending that much on an exhaust LOL. 

Even the with the stock exhaust the bike is much better with an ECU flash.  I would spend money on a tune before I spent it on an exhaust (and I did, I have the 2WDW tune and am still running the stock exhaust).  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
crsnhppr
18 hours ago, shinyribs said:

Food for thought, the ArrowX Kone system I bought supposedly did not need a tune. After almost 3,000 miles on the system, I agree. It comes with a cat in the midpipe (very high flow- it's basically wide open) if you need that for inspection, or you can specify a midpipe without a cat. Very reasonable, yet noticeable  sound level with the baffle in, super fun crazy loud with the baffle out. Baffle swaps in and out in seconds. About $200 cheaper than the Yoshi in your link.

 

It's an upswept system, though, which might not be what you want at all. 

 

Exhaust sound in the video is 100% accurate to real life,except it doesn't capture how much louder it is with the baffle (chicane) removed. 

 

 

I like it 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
r1limited
On 12/2/2017 at 4:32 PM, Bigturbomax said:

So think im gonna skip the cheap exhaust and go with the yoshimura/yamaha exhaust system with the catalytic converter and power loop. Anybody know anything about these?

 

https://www.shopyamaha.com/product/details/yoshimura-fz-07-y-series-full-exhaust-systems?b=Search&nw=yamaha-motor-company

 

I like the style and the fact that its yamaha sponsored so it supposedly runs perfect on stock ECM tune. Plus, yoshi always sound good.

 

Thoughts?

I mentioned HD has a Vance and Hines exhaust the first to be EPA/CARB compliant, Now Yamha, I think what what may be occuring now is a shift in thought from the OEMs in the aftermarket exhaust it seems after this report was published
https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/global-aftermarket-for-motorcycle-full-exhaust-systems-2017-2021-with-akrapovic-yoshimura-fmf--vanes--hines-dominating-300506967.html

 

I also seem to think that it is also a signs of the times, and OEMs are now gogin to offer performance upgrades compliant with EPA/CARB at leats in the US.  Interesting enough much of the current compliance is based on the persentage of emissions across the spectrum of offerings.  aka Red Green Sticker in Commifornia.  What this is is each manuafature offering any motorcycle must be compliant to EPA and state emmissions many OEMs offer not the entire line up hence we see models offered in other parts of the world years befor here.

 

Just Pancakes for discussion

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bigturbomax
19 hours ago, shinyribs said:

Food for thought, the ArrowX Kone system I bought supposedly did not need a tune. After almost 3,000 miles on the system, I agree. It comes with a cat in the midpipe (very high flow- it's basically wide open) if you need that for inspection, or you can specify a midpipe without a cat. Very reasonable, yet noticeable  sound level with the baffle in, super fun crazy loud with the baffle out. Baffle swaps in and out in seconds. About $200 cheaper than the Yoshi in your link.

 

It's an upswept system, though, which might not be what you want at all. 

 

Exhaust sound in the video is 100% accurate to real life,except it doesn't capture how much louder it is with the baffle (chicane) removed. 

 

 

I appreciate the insight. For clarification ive been talking with the dealership parts manager and i can get this for about $175 less than shown in the link. Which makes this system a much more realistic competitor. That puts it closer in price to other high quality systems. In reguards to the arrow recommendation, i actually have always liked the look of upswept exhaust on bikes. However, since im running the soft saddle bags id feel better running the "under belly" style exhaust. 

Edited by Bigturbomax
Typos

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.