Sign in to follow this  
phanomenal07

Will I pass inspection with after market exhaust.

phanomenal07

Hey guys , I live in PA and I am considering getting the m4 slip on. I just want to know will I have any issues with sound or emission or anything else when it comes time for inspection?

r1limited

You have motorcyle inspection there? Like smog or emmissions?

I have never heard of this, but technically removing the stock exhaust is against the law, is it enforced? not typically there is only but one exhaust by Vance and Hines that passes and is leagel I believe only in the state of commifornia

I did find this

https://www.dmv.com/pa/pennsylvania/emissions-testing

Clears says NOPE SO M4 it is

Smog Check Exemptions in Pennsylvania

As mentioned, auto emissions testing in Pennsylvania is not a requirement for every vehicle. Certain smog certification exemptions are available if your vehicle:

• Is a motorcycle.

•  
Edited by r1limited
  • Thanks 1

Eastern Kayaker

I live in PA and there are State laws against loud pipes. Could a State inspection shop fail you for your pipe exceeding the State’s dB levels, yes. However in reality, most shops do not, unless your exhaust system is in poor condition. 

Some riders run into issues with neighbors calling the local cops about loud motorcycle pipes. This usually can be a problem in the suburbs or small towns. Most large metro areas, the cops have more important things to cover. 

rider

You might call RevZilla and ask if they know anything.  Their main shop is in Philadelphia and I believe most of them ride.  They probably wouldn't mind somebody asking about something like that.  I've talked to them on the phone before and they're always really cool.

Edited by rider

phanomenal07
9 hours ago, rider said:

You might call RevZilla and ask if they know anything.  Their main shop is in Philadelphia and I believe most of them ride.  They probably wouldn't mind somebody asking about something like that.  I've talked to them on the phone before and they're always really cool.

Great idea. I live in Philly and go to there hq store all the time