The MT-07 Forum

How NOT to ride

faffi

There is so many potentially fatal situations here that it boggles the mind. If Admin feels it doesn't belong here I am sure it will be moved, but I think it can have a solid teaching effect on novices, watching and thinking what can go wrong if they are barging ahead. 

59 minutes ago, bornagainbiker said:

How are these guys still alive?  Talk about tempting fate.

Sadly, I don't think they will remain so for long.  I was surprised that the guy in green wasn't even giving consideration to his buddy who was filming.    

I see nothing wrong here, this is how everyone should ride the FZ I mean thisis perfect on how to actually do this :)

Waiting ............4, 3, 2, 1 for that middle finger guy who stalks me ;) 

India I would bet,

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

Just wow! It's like the f*cktard leading the blind! I agree with your view on this and maybe, like me, you've encountered people that defend people that ride like that by saying the dumbest things like, EG: those people are professionals and they know what they're doing." 

Beemer

I agree r1limited, they do stupid oh so well. They are a shining example of "stupid is as stupid does".😉

Care for a chocolate?

Beemer

@Beemer I worked with a guy from india who rode motorcyles.  He told me and showeed video's of this same type.  He said its scary because the way it works is a Bicycle has the right of way over a pedeistian, motorcycle over bike, care of motorcycle, truck over car, etc etc etc

He said it is survival of the fittest, a missionary freind of mine live on the Philippines said it took him a bit to figure out the controlled chaos :)

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

I disagree that this is how not to ride. Looks perfectly fine to me...IF you are unconcerned about longevity of your riding career...

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

2 hours ago, r1limited said:

@Beemer I worked with a guy from india who rode motorcyles.  He told me and showeed video's of this same type.  He said its scary because the way it works is a Bicycle has the right of way over a pedeistian, motorcycle over bike, care of motorcycle, truck over car, etc etc etc

He said it is survival of the fittest, a missionary freind of mine live on the Philippines said it took him a bit to figure out the controlled chaos :)

That kind of riding is perfectly fine if the laws in that country support it but no matter the country or the laws, it's your choice to ride like that and risk your life but you don't have the right to put others lives at risk when you do it. I'm sure everyone can agree on that. I saw very risky riding demonstrated numerous times in that video. Did I miss anything?

Beemer

• Premium Member

Anyone ever watch the series "Don't Drive Here?"

Season 1, EP 1 - Dehli, India

It'll enlighten you on the commuting culture there. I tried to find a link to a video of it... but can't seem to find one that's not pirated...

It's from a few years ago, so I don't remember where I watched them originally. Netflix maybe? 

But the series goes to a particular city, the host takes the local driving test, drives multiple means of transportation used there, then takes a "test" at the end of the trip to see if he could drive like the locals. Found it quite fascinating. 

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

Awesome I hope its on netflix.  My daughter loves to watch the disaster vidios of skaters arms getting snapped or nutz slammed I cant watch that stuff.

Yep.  My thoughts were India.  I don't see a problem if it's done according to law, although there were many moments that were uncomfortable to watch and that I personally would not undertake.  There is also something about being the "top of the food chain" performance wise when in a place like this that I fully believe would tempt most of us to push it a wee bit more than we might stateside.

Archived