The MT-07 Forum

How to Oil Change Video from Thumeperman Chame

Killafornia

For those of you who has been waiting of how to videos for our bike.
Here's one:

[video src=http://youtu.be/hoASnWKYTws?list=UUPWP7b_McrEKCkrq7l8LZ4w]

Check his channel out on youtube, he's got vlogs and more how to videos in there.

• Global Moderator

I invited Thumperman Chame to join our community a while ago.
He seems to be someone that would have lots to share. So he might be here already under another username.

Nice video,I also want to add that before you start draining oil to warm up bike to riding temp and also remove fill cap.Torque settings by manual are Filter at 12 Ft/lbs and Drain Bolt at 31 Ft/lbs oil quantity with filter is 2.60L OR 2600ml, without adding oil to filter 2300ml without changing filter.I like the drain plug with magnet might do next oil change do you have a link?

If u look at the comments on the video, there's a link there on ebay for the plugs.
Thank you I was looking at this one http://www.ebay.com/itm/151366688232?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649 27.47 for a plug that' nuts  :).I'll definitely going to order one for 7.98. 
Are u getting the red ones?

I just checked and they do have red so I send them an email will see what happens,was going to order another red one and use the blue one on my majesty but that's a 12mmX1.5 plug.

• Premium Member

I mentioned the magnetic drain plug in another post. I would recommend Dimple magnetic drain plug. Here I have this one installed on my bike. The reason why you would want a really strong magnet is it will lose potency once the magnet gets hot. I picked up a large wrench with ease using this plug before it was installed. The thread size you will need for the FZ07 is 14x1.5x16

I just checked and they do have red so I send them an email will see what happens,was going to order another red one and use the blue one on my majesty but that's a 12mmX1.5 plug.
Well looks like they are sending red after responding to my request.

I wanna see how it looks like on a red bike.

• Global Moderator

Is there any reason why he takes off the oil filter first and then drain the oil via the plug? I always drain first and let it drip for a while and then take off the filter. It's less messy I would think.
I also noticed that you will have to clean the area where the filter touches the engine. Sand and dirt tends to accumulate there making a nasty noise when you tighten the filter.

Is there any reason why he takes off the oil filter first and then drain the oil via the plug? I always drain first and let it drip for a while and then take off the filter. It's less messy I would think. I also noticed that you will have to clean the area where the filter touches the engine. Sand and dirt tends to accumulate there making a nasty noise when you tighten the filter.
I was asking myself the exact same questions. Drain the oil first, then the filter, and of course, clean the area on the bike where the filter get into contact for the reasons you mentioned. 

I wanna see how it looks like on a red bike.
It's gonna be awhile before I change the oil 1100 on the odo,but I'm sure it will match my levers just fine 8-) 

Archived