The MT-07 Forum

WTB: (Black) Side frame covers

cornerslider

• Premium Member

I know most of the folks that do the FZ-07R kit, remove the frame covers (just above the foot pegs).... I'm looking to buy a pair of Black side covers (or trade for my silver ones). I have a Black 2016, and I'm looking to "Black-out" the silver parts that I can. Some years/colors came the with the black side covers (not mine). Anyone here got a pair they want to part with? (already tried eBay) Thanks-

""W.O.T. until you see god, then brake"

• Global Moderator
30 minutes ago, cornerslider said:

I know most of the folks that do the FZ-07R kit, remove the frame covers (just above the foot pegs).... I'm looking to buy a pair of Black side covers (or trade for my silver ones). I have a Black 2016, and I'm looking to "Black-out" the silver parts that I can. Some years/colors came the with the black side covers (not mine). Anyone here got a pair they want to part with? (already tried eBay) Thanks-

You can purchase the black ones online via most dealers...

Partzilla and yamahapartshouse are the more reasonably priced. I painted mine in the end but ended up removing em altogether for weight loss ;)

Im not 100% sure which models come with the black covers but that should be easy to locate with a forum search

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

• Premium Member
32 minutes ago, sorkyah said:

You can purchase the black ones online via most dealers...

Partzilla and yamahapartshouse are the more reasonably priced. I painted mine in the end but ended up removing em altogether for weight loss ;)

Im not 100% sure which models come with the black covers but that should be easy to locate with a forum search

They are quite heavy for a cosmetic piece.

• Like 1

Craig Mapstone
Upstate New York

• 1 month later...

FYI- For others who wanted to swap out the silver finish to black, just painted them.

Used self-etching primer, black enamel spray paint, and low sheen clear top coat for added durability. 6 months later still looks good with no scratches. Since I working on the bike will also black out the lower silver piece.

20180107_100131[1].jpg

• Like 1

• Premium Member
cornerslider

Good call.... I did pretty much the same thing. I bought some "ebay" side covers (both sides) for less than $20-. I sanded them down, and used a good "rattle-can" paint/primer combo, and the look great!!! I'll post pics when the bike is "Done".....

""W.O.T. until you see god, then brake"

• 1 year later...
tangodelta3
On 1/7/2018 at 1:25 PM, elmo said:

FYI- For others who wanted to swap out the silver finish to black, just painted them.

Used self-etching primer, black enamel spray paint, and low sheen clear top coat for added durability. 6 months later still looks good with no scratches. Since I working on the bike will also black out the lower silver piece.

20180107_100131[1].jpg

Do you have a link to that rearset?