Sign in to follow this  
qjohnson

EJK installed. Love it!

qjohnson
I installed the EJK earlier today and rode the bike around for a few hours. Holy crap what a difference. The bike runs like a dream now. It still pops a little tad bit on decel but I have the baffle out of the akra Ti. So there's probably a little fine tuning to do but that can wait till next season. Also removed the air box lid and snorkel. Buuuut it definitely smoothed things out a ton and there's a definite power increase. The whole thing with blipping the throttle and the bike dies is pretty much gone and seems to me like the engine braking had decreased a little too.

If you don't have one, go get one! You won't regret it.

• Like 2

GAZ
Awesome. I'm glad there's already such a great response from this addition. I've got one to install this weekend.
  • Like 1

cassecou
I don't know if a link already exist, so here is one EJF

pgeldz
Just had a look at that link. I thought the first dyno plot they had showed a big increase in TQ from the 4-6K rpm range, but the latest graph doesn't show that at all. In fact, the HP and TQ with the Akra installed on this graph actually dips below the normal EJK tune from 4300-4900rpm.

Hmm...

Either way, I'm glad you are happy with your fueling solution. At the end of the day, it's not about numbers, but what the bike drives like, so I'm glad you are happy with it.

:)

- Paulie

qjohnson
Just had a look at that link. I thought the first dyno plot they had showed a big increase in TQ from the 4-6K rpm range, but the latest graph doesn't show that at all. In fact, the HP and TQ with the Akra installed on this graph actually dips below the normal EJK tune from 4300-4900rpm. 
Hmm...

Either way, I'm glad you are happy with your fueling solution. At the end of the day, it's not about numbers, but what the bike drives like, so I'm glad you are happy with it.

:)

- Paulie
Thanks Paulie!there is a dip on the Dyno graph but realistically its only for a split second while your riding I doubt anyone would actually notice. I was so set on getting the PCV but I couldn't wait any longer for it to be released. and after seeing the price tags on the two and factoring in Dyno costs for the PCV n what not the EJK was the winner for me. You're lucky you got it for free lol or heavily discounted at least.

pgeldz
Thanks Paulie!

there is a dip on the Dyno graph but realistically its only for a split second while your riding I doubt anyone would actually notice. I was so set on getting the PCV but I couldn't wait any longer for it to be released. and after seeing the price tags on the two and factoring in Dyno costs for the PCV n what not the EJK was the winner for me. You're lucky you got it for free lol or heavily discounted at least.
No worries man!  I'm glad your happy and bike is how you want it, that's really what's important :)

As far as the dyno costs are concerned with the PCV, that wouldn't be an issue tho, as you can just download the map on their site for the akra and be good to go.  

What's really cool is that there seems to be stuff coming out everyday for our bikes, and that's always a good thing.  Seems like every time I log on here I see a new exhaust getting released :)

- Paulie
  • Like 1