The MT-07 Forum

Dainese quality. (or lack of)

sunblock

• Premium Member

I was on a recent hunt to find some good gloves. The velcro on my Astars gloves was getting messed up so I wanted to at least try another brand.

I wanted maximum protection and good fit. I ended up with some Rev It gloves because they fit the best at the time. They're still a pain to break in and not as comfy as the Astars.

Things I've learned:

Different gloves have different issues. Either stitching breaks, velcro starts to wear out, etc... These issues can all be repaired for less than $50.

As for Dainese:
I love my Dianese jacket and would buy it again.
I have a pair of their jeans that I like but I'd probably try a different brand next time.
Their gloves seemed alright but I read about stitching issues when researching them a while ago.

Overall, they have some amazing product but they also have other products that are just okay.

Thank you all for your responses.

I have now toned-down my bitterness and I think I'll even throw away the voodoo doll of the salesman that I made.

I gave the glove to a stitching shop for repair and I'm waiting to be fixed. They said it will cost around 10€ (12$). They will add a piece of leather at the spot to reinforce it.

It was very useful to compare notes with you guys. Now I know that gloves don't last as much as jackets do. Well with the exception of the 134-year-old glove case of course.

12 hours ago, r1limited said:

I do not copy and paste nor quote other peoples opinion to offer some cockamamy jabberwocky bloviated uneducated response just to hear me type into some obvious attempt to some bombastic approach to define a posterior thinking process.  Simply I will say

Your gloves wore out, buy some new ones for craps sake

I'm starting to think you're a Pikey with all that jibberish. 😉

Beemer

1 hour ago, Beemer said:

Haaaaa, ha! Probably my favorite comedy movie of all time.

Idiocracy in my books

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

27 minutes ago, r1limited said:

Idiocracy in my books

I thought Idiocracy was a documentary, not a comedy.

1 hour ago, rider said:

I thought Idiocracy was a documentary, not a comedy.

I think he meant satirical. He was probably pumped up from a 185. mph. ride and his mind was still going that speed. 😉

Beemer

17 hours ago, Beemer said:

I think he meant satirical. He was probably pumped up from a 185. mph. ride and his mind was still going that speed. 😉

Ya know, if I wanted this kind of abuse I would go home 👉😜👈

Sometimes life imitates art, many times on this site when one idiot or more .... Ahh Never mind

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

28 minutes ago, r1limited said:

Ya know, if I wanted this kind of abuse I would go home 👉😜👈

Sometimes life imitates art, many times on this site when one idiot or more .... Ahh Never mind

I gave you an out so that you could walk away with grace, apparently you didn't catch that.

Beemer

3 minutes ago, Beemer said:

I gave you an out so that you could walk away with grace, apparently you didn't catch that.

Uh OK, what am I supposed to exit form?

47 minutes ago, r1limited said:

Uh OK, what am I supposed to exit form?

You could ask Grace.  Maybe she knows.

21 minutes ago, rider said:

You could ask Grace.  Maybe she knows.

I do not think I have ever known a Grace, Hope and Faith..... Oh ya,,,,, Hope and Faith...

Archived