The MT-07 Forum

Help locating GoPro clamp mount please.

DewMan

• Premium Member

I'm looking for assistance in locating a helmet GoPro clamp-on mount. Any assistance would be appreciated.

I'm specifically looking for a clamp-on mount similar to that found on the SENA base. I'd prefer not to use holes, glue or 3M tape for numerous reasons.

The only thing I've found that matches what I'm looking for (see picture below), I could only find on a sketchy Ebay wanna-be site that ships from Lithuania. The listing doesn't even say if it's metal or plastic. And considering the cost is ~USD$40, I'd rather not risk it.

clamp-mount_small.jpg.6aebc822cee46a3a9c545ef8bbfcb41d.jpg

Thanks for your time and attention.

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, sunblock said:

the sticky mounts are not to your liking?

No they're not for several reason.

I've had issues in the past with properly installed 3M tapes holding like iron.. until they just popped off over time in other applications.

Also, I'd rather not use a relatively permanent mounting solution if I don't have to on an expensive helmet. The removal of adhesives from a flat black helmet finish, with no hard clear outer coating, could be detrimental when it came time to relocate the cam or switch to a different base plate. SHOEI  is very specific about what can and can't be used to even clean the helmet with the flat finish.

Thanks for your interest in my issue though. 👍

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

Super tape we fast guys call it 100mph tape

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

Let me look in my bag of GoPro attachments. I'll get get back to ya later. If all else fails there is the chin mount for GoPro cameras, I have one but they aren't cheap either. I think I paid $40 for it but the good thing is it only uses straps to hold in place. Best view for a camera, IMO. Something to consider, maybe.

Beemer

• Premium Member
17 minutes ago, Beemer said:

Let me look in my bag of GoPro attachments. I'll get get back to ya later. If all else fails there is the chin mount for GoPro cameras, I have one but they aren't cheap either. I think I paid $40 for it but the good thing is it only uses straps to hold in place. Best view for a camera, IMO. Something to consider, maybe.

Thanks, Yeah I saw that one but I'd prefer that the straps not prevent proper sealing of the visor, which seems to be the main complaint about the SoPro chin mount.

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

OK, I found this strap. It's not designed like my chin strap but it seems to be universal, I think it will hold well, I would use it if it were mine (and it is, ha!). I'll bring that and my chest mount (harness) when we meet next week and you can decide since it's your camera at risk. Here's a pic of it mounted on my adventure helmet. On this helmet, since the chin is pronounced and with the vents the way they are I think the strap could possibly slide around to the side of the helmet but with a normal full face helmet I think it will work just fine. You can have it if it works well on your helmet. I paid diddly for the whole bag of attachments and I doubt I would use it for anything. 

IMG_0711.JPG

it's true about the visor not sealing 100% but with my other helmet (don't know about you or yours) it has a feature that keeps the visor up a crack which I use a lot and it doesn't bother me in any way. if you don't get the clamp mount you're looking for before next Wed. maybe this would suffice until you do find one. I'll look on the web and see if I have any luck finding a clamp type. 

Beemer

• Premium Member

Thanks Beemer, I'd like to give it a try.

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

• Premium Member

Nice find @Beemer. After viewing your link, I found the same item in all black on Amazon. If it works as well as they claim I'd spend the $$. I'll research reviews. Thanks man!

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, i28 said:

Awesome find @i28! Much appreciated. for that price it's worth giving a try. 

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

I just had the idea to run the strap through the chin vents (if it's possible, all depends on the size/angle of the vents) themselves and back under the chin, that way the strap wouldn't be going over the top of the chin and wouldn't affect the visor. It would, however, be blocking the chin vents, like mine does and the vents would be open all the time. Still searching, found nothing like what you showed yet. 

Edit: Oh, nevermind. I just saw that i28 found it for you. Nice find i28! 

I saw those on amazon too https://www.amazon.com/PULUZ-Clamp-Mount-Buckle-Thumb/dp/B00OOEIMKS/ref=sr_1_16/141-8832568-7325743?ie=UTF8&qid=1511983590&sr=8-16&keywords=clamp+gopro+mount  (much cheaper than on Ebay) but Ithought that it might not be secure enough on a helmet so I took it down. The ones i28 found would be much better, IMO.

Beemer

• Premium Member

@Beemer bring it with you anyway. I'd still like to try it.  no idea how long it'll take to get here anyway. I like having options. 👍

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

Archived