The MT-07 Forum

Power Commander vs ECU Flash

digitalsteve

9 minutes ago, digitalsteve said:

Hmm. I'll have to check. I won't be running an Akra. Pain in the arse; I could've had my exhaust customised for it whilst it was being made.

Bugger... so an adapter is needed then?

Adapter won't work on a 12mm hole. You need an 18mm hole that comes on aftermarket exhausts (well, akra anyway, maybe other users can confirm other brands). The included adapter in the akra allows you to fit the smaller OEM narrow band sensor. Taking it out allows fitment of 18mm wide band sensors.

It's a bit silly to have a tune on a stock exhaust, and I think most manufacturers have 18mm holes for aftermarket ones - but check with them to make sure if that's what you're planning.

3 minutes ago, topazsparrow said:

Adapter won't work on a 12mm hole. You need an 18mm hole that comes on aftermarket exhausts (well, akra anyway, maybe other users can confirm other brands). The included adapter in the akra allows you to fit the smaller OEM narrow band sensor. Taking it out allows fitment of 18mm wide band sensors.

It's a bit silly to have a tune on a stock exhaust, and I think most manufacturers have 18mm holes for aftermarket ones - but check with them to make sure if that's what you're planning.

Ahh, shet... yeah, I'll have to check with them.

• Premium Member

Looks like from the pics on revzilla.com the Akra Ti has an adapter on the o2 bung...remove the adapter and voila you can run the wideband sensor...

My old leovince exhaust was only 12mm, had to weld an 18mm bung to run both narrow and wideband sensors...

My new Yoshi exhaust only has 12mm bung, I will need an adapter next year to re-hook up my Autotuner...

My FJ-09 Graves exhaust has both 12mm and 18mm bungs... 

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

• Premium Member
14 minutes ago, digitalsteve said:

So you can use an adapter from 12mm to 18mm?

"Borrowed from work adapter" 🙈🙉🙊   

I don't re call any adapters that go from 12mm bung on the exhaust to 18mm...plenty of 18mm to 12mm reducers to run 12mm stock o2 sensors...

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

I personally wouldn't bother with an auto tuner, the additional cost for very little gain is not warranted in my opinion.

There are some very 'mixed' reviews out there for some brands if you do some searching.

I hate calling it auto-tuner. It's just a closed loop fuel control and has been around for about the whole history of electronic fuel injection. The stock bike does, albeit just to stoich. A wideband simply lets you do the same but for a broader range. There's really nothing magical about it, and it is great insurance. With a good base tune, it hardly should do anything, but it helps you should anything change like humidity or if you hit a bad cell in the tune. 

And you do not want that adapter. It puts the sensor outside of the exhaust stream which is a horrible idea. If it works fine, they just got lucky. Any muffler shop can weld up a new bung for you and block off the factory one for peanuts. 

On 14/12/2017 at 5:31 PM, stickshift said:

I personally wouldn't bother with an auto tuner, the additional cost for very little gain is not warranted in my opinion.

There are some very 'mixed' reviews out there for some brands if you do some searching.

The only reason I'm considering it is due to lack of a local dyno.

Archived