The MT-07 Forum

My brand new MT07... got laid down by my girlfriend. Some advice.

Leo Vannucci

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, faffi said:

I have stopped taking r1limited seriously as I doubt he has the ability to be serious about anything - I just larf (or shake my head) and pretend he's just stirring the pot 😄

Bwaaaa Hahahahhahaha

Who me? :)

1: It really happened

2: Yes I am a asshat

3: I though you said this place sucked and wont return? 👉 SR not faffi

Do you hear a noise? like a nagging, obnoxious nasally fingers on a chalk board type of noise?

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

To save money I recommend watching some "how to buff out scratches" videos on you tube. Of course that spells work. Oh, and get a new gf, ha! I kid. Someone was going to say it.

Beemer

21 hours ago, Leo Vannucci said:

'nuff said!

Man, thank God these Yamaha parts aren't expensive at all, I'm looking at around 250 bucks for the whole thing. What if this was a BMW or Ducati? She didn't even say "I'm sorry"! man! lol

And she's seriously still alive?  Jk

• Premium Member
22 hours ago, Leo Vannucci said:

'nuff said!

Man, thank God these Yamaha parts aren't expensive at all, I'm looking at around 250 bucks for the whole thing. What if this was a BMW or Ducati? She didn't even say "I'm sorry"! man! lol

I think there's a lesson here... you set her up for failure when you didn't give her any direction on how to hold the bike up, use the brakes, etc and made sure she was comfortable doing it. 

The first thing I do if I ever let anyone sit/use my bikes is making sure they know what they're doing. 

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

5 hours ago, r1limited said:

Bwaaaa Hahahahhahaha

Who me? :)

1: It really happened

2: Yes I am a asshat

3: I though you said this place sucked and wont return? 👉 SR not faffi

Do you hear a noise? like a nagging, obnoxious nasally fingers on a chalk board type of noise?

I didn't say this forum sucks, I said you make it make it suck. 

WTF is a nasally finger? Fingers have sinuses in your world? The more you talk ( which is A LOT- lonely IRL?), the dumber you sound. 

There it goes again, damn buzzing nagging, obnoxious nasally fingers on a chalk board type of noise?

fbbf0b1cc487dc2789c659796ed0b6b8.jpg

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

6 hours ago, r1limited said:

There it goes again, damn buzzing nagging, obnoxious nasally fingers on a chalk board type of noise?

fbbf0b1cc487dc2789c659796ed0b6b8.jpg

giphy.gif

I'm done with your juvenile attitude and constant need for attention. 

This is the only time I ever wished any forum had an ignore function. 

Be well, R1....

On 11/29/2017 at 4:49 PM, Leo Vannucci said:

The other side of the story is that I will have the bike back to it's original shape (which is basically, a couple of stupid cosmetic things, but I'm crazy).

Then, I will do the fowwloing, so I make sure it all leaves my mind entirely:

2) RAM ball mounts to cover both holes left by the original mirrors

How does that sound?

If all you want to do is cover the holes from the mirrors cheaply, there's a plug the R3 uses that'll fit the hole 

PN 90338-09012-00 

bp210.jpg

9 hours ago, i28 said:

@shinyribs @r1limited

Damn, gents. You guys both contribute to this forum in different/positive ways. I hate to see you guys argue. Just ignore each others posts if you need to.

Also, there's a ignore function if you really need it. When you point the mouse over the persons avatar, you'll see an "ignore user" button.

:) fer the record, not aruguing. Fishin is fun

Never ridden a bike with handlebar-end mirrors, is it better in some way? I rode a Harley that had the upside down mirrors, looked very cool but I could only see my armpits on the mirrors lol! 

1 hour ago, Leo Vannucci said:

Never ridden a bike with handlebar-end mirrors, is it better in some way? I rode a Harley that had the upside down mirrors, looked very cool but I could only see my armpits on the mirrors lol! 

Its like a catamaran effect, Like Out riggers the wider it is the better the balance, physics 101

*Note: Not really, I rode a updside down HD once

On 12/2/2017 at 6:34 PM, Leo Vannucci said:

Geez R1 how about a useful answer sometimes, eh? If your bunny ear mirrors are "unsightly" or you can't see past your arms, and/or you don't want to spend money on extensions then yes people go for the bar-end type. If you lane-split much though expect them to get whacked and or broken off.

bannerfans_1095431.jpg

36 minutes ago, pattonme said:

Geez R1 how about a useful answer sometimes, eh?

NOt ment for you, just a funny response :)

Wally.jpg

On 12/2/2017 at 6:34 PM, Leo Vannucci said:

I bought them because they look cool! I mean really, why are half of us riding a motorcycle in the first place? 

They do also put the mirrors further out and a high-quality bar-end (CRG) used convex mirrors that allow equal to or better field of view than stock mirrors. If lane splitting is an issue though, they offer mirrors that fold even with the bar ends.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/28/2017 at 6:35 AM, r1limited said:

First off is this your girlfriend, she is hot

Second is she still your girlfreind?

***INSERT JOKING***

There is no reason you cannot do the repairs yourself, by a Service manual and save labor costs from the dealership.  I cannot help you with wemon who fall off bikes while sitting still.

ducati-v4-panigale-dropped-eicma-1-1200x800.jpg

I was at the Ducati dealer in Belvue last week.  I was talking to the guys about this and they claim Ducati is tight lipped on what happened, and as far as the bike is concerned my son said I wil buy it its a collector now, they laughed, sadly they failed to understand just how serious he was  To funny

Archived