The MT-07 Forum

RPM One theft insurance

RacerXSD

Has anyone opted to get RPM One theft insurance?  I purchased it almost 2 months ago and now regret it.  Looking at the contract it says that because there is hardware installed it is non-cancelable.  All I was given was a sticker.  They claim the hardware is a theft deterrent. I just started the process of trying to get this cancelled.  About $600 charge for a $5000 payout if stolen.  I talked to a weekend financial person at the dealership.  He also said it's not cancelable.  I asked why, if it is only a sticker and no gps or any other hardware like the contract says.  He didn't have an answer and said to come back during the week with my contract.  The RPM One website says unless sold in Florida, the policy is non-cancelable.  I am in CA.  I feel the contract specifies equipment that wasn't included, so isn't valid.  They also put the wrong model bike on there, FZ-09 instead of FZ-07,  VIN is correct.

Thoughts?

56 minutes ago, RacerXSD said:

Has anyone opted to get RPM One theft insurance?  I purchased it almost 2 months ago and now regret it.  Looking at the contract it says that because there is hardware installed it is non-cancelable.  All I was given was a sticker.  They claim the hardware is a theft deterrent. I just started the process of trying to get this cancelled.  About $600 charge for a $5000 payout if stolen.  I talked to a weekend financial person at the dealership.  He also said it's not cancelable.  I asked why, if it is only a sticker and no gps or any other hardware like the contract says.  He didn't have an answer and said to come back during the week with my contract.  The RPM One website says unless sold in Florida, the policy is non-cancelable.  I am in CA.  I feel the contract specifies equipment that wasn't included, so isn't valid.  They also put the wrong model bike on there, FZ-09 instead of FZ-07,  VIN is correct.

Thoughts?

Always read the fine print.  If I were you I would call the Commiefornia Insurance commissioners office for assistance, even though they are communists  Marxist commies-marxist-lefty-nutjobs they help the people

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

Do you pay 600 yearly?

Did you look into regular motorcycle insurance that includes theft in the package before going that route?

Engaging with people that have personality disorders on a message board is like arguing with a rock.

$600 one time charge for 3 years of theft protection.  In my research CA Civil code 1794.41 says any service contract must have a 60 day cancellation period.  I'll see what they say on Monday and refer to that if necessary. 

I am not sure the purchase of insurance is actually a service.  I think that is pertaining to any type of work completed or or contracted.  I would refer more to the insurance laws in CA.

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

Good point.  I'll look to see if I can find where insurance policies are listed.  In my experience insurance policies have always been cancellable at any time, except health insurance.

Archived