The MT-07 Forum

Late Season Ride

bornagainbiker

• Premium Member
bornagainbiker

Still hanging on even though the riding season is winding down here.  Went for a ride along the Saint John River road today.  It was overcast, cool and blustery, but I still enjoyed the ride immensely. :D

DSC_2914_2.thumb.jpg.cc045620cbdcadcaeda4597bc97695fd.jpg 

Give Respect To Get Respect   https://jeff-galbraith.pixels.com/

Damn, I knew I put the bike away to soon.  And ya had to go and remind me of that :(

Looked like a awesome day, I really like brisk days

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

I went for a 20 miler today. Temp was in the low 50s so it got my attention for sure. I mostly took the FZ out just to keep the battery up (not currently on Tender), add air to the tires, get a fresh and full tank of gas, and most importantly to get the cobwebs out of both me and the bike. I like to ride bike all year long which is doable in the DC area where we really have only about a 4 week period where it's not a lot of fun.

I did have an eye opener today as it was the closest I came to having that fateful moment when a car took a left turn right in front of me. Dumb lady was about half way through her turn when she saw me and stopped. It wasn't close enough that I soiled my shorts, but nearly.

I've taken a couple if rides myself recently in the 45 to 50 degree range, I have the gear for it and the only thing that really got cold was my fingers even through winter gloves with glove liners.  Ride on, my bike won't be winterized.

Archived