Sign in to follow this  
bornagainbiker

Late Season Ride

bornagainbiker

Still hanging on even though the riding season is winding down here.  Went for a ride along the Saint John River road today.  It was overcast, cool and blustery, but I still enjoyed the ride immensely. :D

DSC_2914_2.thumb.jpg.cc045620cbdcadcaeda4597bc97695fd.jpg 

• Like 6

bornagainbiker

Another photo from the ride:

DSC_2910.thumb.jpg.074135db94621a269b123977e91d3b31.jpg

r1limited

Damn, I knew I put the bike away to soon.  And ya had to go and remind me of that :(

Looked like a awesome day, I really like brisk days

bornagainbiker

Indeed it was brisk--and windy.  I had to stay loose so that I could react to frequent gusty crosswinds, but I loved it. :)

• Like 1

FZ07R WaNaB

I went for a 20 miler today. Temp was in the low 50s so it got my attention for sure. I mostly took the FZ out just to keep the battery up (not currently on Tender), add air to the tires, get a fresh and full tank of gas, and most importantly to get the cobwebs out of both me and the bike. I like to ride bike all year long which is doable in the DC area where we really have only about a 4 week period where it's not a lot of fun.

I did have an eye opener today as it was the closest I came to having that fateful moment when a car took a left turn right in front of me. Dumb lady was about half way through her turn when she saw me and stopped. It wasn't close enough that I soiled my shorts, but nearly.

• Like 1

stevebtx12

I've taken a couple if rides myself recently in the 45 to 50 degree range, I have the gear for it and the only thing that really got cold was my fingers even through winter gloves with glove liners.  Ride on, my bike won't be winterized.

• Like 3