The MT-07 Forum

Big Gun Exhaust Slip-On System

able

Alright so I decided to gut the original exhaust, Completely. We took a saw right past the rear weld on the tail end of the o2 sensor. Chopped it right off. We then installed a new midpipe, angled to conform with the natural angle from the original. Then installed the Slip-On. All in all, $72. Took it for a ride, the bike is not running rich so far. Everything looks and sounds good. EXTREMELY LOUD. WARNING! Ensure you check with your state laws and regulations on exhausts before modifying or installing new parts!
[video src=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5c4YKcJb5w]
The video is from my phone. I will use my GoPro this weekend.

Also, as of right now, no issues with running rich. I have not lost any MPG, will update with more info as time progresses.

Edit: Name of the slip-on is Big Gun. Bought on ebay used/new condition for 50$

• Premium Member

Haha, you weren't kidding about LOUD.

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

damn I would love to hear that in person. haha I've been wanting to hack off this huge exhaust off and do something similar but I know I'll get a ticket. I see like 5 cops one way every day on my commute.

• Global Moderator

Wowzers that is LOUD!
And I am sure your phone wasn't able to catch the noise, because it sounded very distorted.
To be honest, I don't like it at all.  (zzz)

I am usually a fan of loud exhausts, but I must say that this is just ridiculously loud and you will probably suffer hearing damage. Make sure you wear ear plugs when riding that bike

• 4 weeks later...
Also, as of right now, no issues with running rich. I have not lost any MPG, will update with more info as time progresses. 

Love it! I want to do this until I buy a full system but I can't find it on eBay. If you can put a link up that would be awesome! Thanks!:)

Holy Crap, you weren't kidding -- that thing is LOUD! If loud pipes save lives, you are going to be immortal!
Huh? What .. oh yes and DEAF .. lmao.

Love it! I want to do this until I buy a full system but I can't find it on eBay. If you can put a link up that would be awesome! Thanks!:)

http://m.ebay.com/itm/380613238063?nav=SEARCH

I found it but for $100

http://m.ebay.com/itm/380613238063?nav=SEARCH

I found it but for $100

It's pretty much like a motor Gp
http://m.ebay.com/itm/191069615168?nav=SEARCH

Can you install this as a slip on without chopping up the stock exhaust.. Im looking to buy this but not sure what I'd have to do to the stock exhaust...

• 2 weeks later...

@sfv07 the exhaust is one piece. you can't install any slip on without chopping it up. so your options are buy a full system or a slip on that requires cutting

I like it, Its just a little too loud for me. I'm gonna look up some more on amazon if everything runs right with yours.

• 5 months later...

Loud, yes! Good looking, not so hot, kinda plain. Hopefully just your mic because the idle sounded like wop-wop-wop or huge fart bubbles popping in a bath tub.

Beemer

Archived